The Student Room Group

Employment prospects after poor alevel's but strong GCSE's and outside experience

After just finishing my A2 exams I am fairly certain that I have not achieved the grades I aimed for with results realistacally being BCCD in IFS Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies, Citizenship, Business Studies and Economics as well as a B in AS Law. I want to pursue a career in finance/investment and trading however I am unsure whether or not these grades will restrict me in doing so. I achieved 8A's and 5B's at GCSE, and also run three business's outside of college in my spare time; will this help me at all? Any advice or response would be appreciated. Just want to see what people think.
Original post by Kearton18
After just finishing my A2 exams I am fairly certain that I have not achieved the grades I aimed for with results realistacally being BCCD in IFS Level 3 Diploma in Financial Studies, Citizenship, Business Studies and Economics as well as a B in AS Law. I want to pursue a career in finance/investment and trading however I am unsure whether or not these grades will restrict me in doing so. I achieved 8A's and 5B's at GCSE, and also run three business's outside of college in my spare time; will this help me at all? Any advice or response would be appreciated. Just want to see what people think.

Have you looked at Traineeships? Or decent apprenticeships, you gotta look, but there are some very good ones out there which are worthwhile
Reply 2
Original post by Iqbal007
Have you looked at Traineeships? Or decent apprenticeships, you gotta look, but there are some very good ones out there which are worthwhile

Have looked but to get into the large firms most require a degree for an internship. Can't find any decent apprenticeship either.
Original post by Kearton18
Have looked but to get into the large firms most require a degree for an internship. Can't find any decent apprenticeship either.

Look specifically at traineeships or apprenticeship or school leaver programs....internships are usually aimed degree students.
Reply 4
Haven't been able to find any good school leaver apprenticeships. I have the grades to go to Coventry University to study Investment and Finance but would it be worth while and enhance my future prospects?
Reply 5
Just been looking online with indeed and the other job search websites. Ideally I'm aspiring to achieve something as high as possible, but wanted to see if anyone had any advice or experience on hand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending