The Student Room Group
I don't know the score for mature applicants but I imagine they'll be less worried about grades than if you were applying straight from college. You'll still need a good LNAT score for LNAT universities. How do you have a masters but no undergraduate degree?
As you're older I don't think that grades matter so much, either for firms, or unis.
Reply 3
Usually grades dont matter that much for mature students, its the life experience including your work and other activities that are more important but I have noticed that for mature students a lot of universities require you to have studied/gained a qualification in the last 2/3 years.

What was your masters degree in?
Reply 4
phil_m88
I don't know the score for mature applicants but I imagine they'll be less worried about grades than if you were applying straight from college. You'll still need a good LNAT score for LNAT universities. How do you have a masters but no undergraduate degree?

Some masters degrees such as Accountancy etc accept professional qualifications instead of an undergraduate degree.
Reply 5
I have a Masters in Public Policy and Management. I was able to go straight onto a masters because it was related to my existing work experience.

I wondering though whether my A-levels will come into play once i start applying for placements and jobs on graduation. From what i've seen, they ask for grades as far back as A-levels regardless of the fact that you have a degree.
They might not care so much if you have your masters, and are a mature applicant about your A-levels as they appreciate you didn't go to uni because back then your grades maybe weren't the greatest. HOpefully they can see around that when you come to apply, with more "life experience" etc you might well ace interviews compared to us mere undergrads.

Latest

Trending

Trending