The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do in life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I Procrastinate
I can't find a degree i would enjoy :c
I'm not planning on moving away from home so my options are limited too... to like one university ;-;

You don't have to go to uni just do whatever you enjoy.
Original post by Paladian
You don't have to go to uni just do whatever you enjoy.

yeh, i guess. There is time to think about it.
yeh, i guess. There is time to think about it.

What would you like to do if not uni?
What would you like to do if not uni?

That's what i'm trying to find out :s-smilie: I'm trying to find a suitable career that would interest me. I don't see the point in spending £27,000 and over on something i don't like.
So far, i've only came up with one idea and that's cake decorating...:colondollar: Don't laugh.
I never actually done any cake decorating, but it looks so much fun! i blame cake boss ;-;
That's what i'm trying to find out :s-smilie: I'm trying to find a suitable career that would interest me. I don't see the point in spending £27,000 and over on something i don't like.
So far, i've only came up with one idea and that's cake decorating...:colondollar: Don't laugh.
I never actually done any cake decorating, but it looks so much fun! i blame cake boss ;-;

That's a good idea and you can make a fair amount doing it. I agree with you about university I did two years of architecture before I realised it wasn't for me. I've applied to do an art history course which is much more me. I regret spending all that money and the interest just keeps going up all the time. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay it back.
That's a good idea and you can make a fair amount doing it. I agree with you about university I did two years of architecture before I realised it wasn't for me. I've applied to do an art history course which is much more me. I regret spending all that money and the interest just keeps going up all the time. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay it back.

I haven't really looked into the pay and everything for it. i feel as if i need a back up though.

At least you changed your choice instead of carrying on with architecture for another 1 or 2 years. It's good that you've managed to find something you enjoy, rather than carrying on with architecture and hating the choices you made.

I thought you didn't have to pay back the money until you earn a certain amount? Even then you get to pay it back at a certain pace, right?
sorry-that didnt make sense.
what I mean is that after college, the next step always seems to be university. We never seem to stop and think of what we actually want to do. There is this notion that you must go to university in order to succeed and there is no other option. Or, that 'since everyone is going to uni then i must too'.Don't get me wrong, I was never forced to go to university, but there's always this expectation from society to go to uni. some people just follow this and end up getting a complete opposite career. It makes me think whether it's even worth going.

Now, I'm not saying this for everyone- obviously there are those who truly want to go and need to for their career choice.

It's hard to explain it :s-smilie:

Don't worry , I understand what you mean.
I haven't really looked into the pay and everything for it. i feel as if i need a back up though.

At least you changed your choice instead of carrying on with architecture for another 1 or 2 years. It's good that you've managed to find something you enjoy, rather than carrying on with architecture and hating the choices you made.

I thought you didn't have to pay back the money until you earn a certain amount? Even then you get to pay it back at a certain pace, right?

You don't have to pay it back until you're earning a certain amount you're right but the interest mounts up. Can you bake cakes? Are you artistic? Cakes of iconic buildings would be nice.

The full architecture course is 7years long.
You don't have to pay it back until you're earning a certain amount you're right but the interest mounts up. Can you bake cakes? Are you artistic? Cakes of iconic buildings would be nice.

The full architecture course is 7years long.

How high is it at the moment, if you don't mind me asking?
Well, i haven't really done much baking. It's something i've recently decided to try out.
I would say i am quite artistic.I do like to draw and paint, although i haven't done that in ages (college doesn't let you have any fun).
I see your architectural side has kicked in :biggrin: That would be for experts to do. I need to start from basics aka learn how to bake nice cakes. As simple as it's sounds, without a really good cake, there is no point to it.
You should really watch an episode of cake boss, it's so crazy.

You only did 2 out of 7 years. So you hardly wasted to much time in that sense.

Are you artistic yourself, since your doing art history? or is it something you prefer to observe? What are you planning on doing after your course?
How high is it at the moment, if you don't mind me asking?
Well, i haven't really done much baking. It's something i've recently decided to try out.
I would say i am quite artistic.I do like to draw and paint, although i haven't done that in ages (college doesn't let you have any fun).
I see your architectural side has kicked in :biggrin: That would be for experts to do. I need to start from basics aka learn how to bake nice cakes. As simple as it's sounds, without a really good cake, there is no point to it.
You should really watch an episode of cake boss, it's so crazy.

You only did 2 out of 7 years. So you hardly wasted to much time in that sense.

Are you artistic yourself, since your doing art history? or is it something you prefer to observe? What are you planning on doing after your course?

You should give baking a try, (don't procrastinate over it too long) I do painting and design T Shirts in the style of my avatar. I'll check out cake boss on youtube.
Relatively I didn't waste much time. I can't remember how much I owe - I did a foundation course as well that's 3 years I think it's about £25,000.

Quick Reply

Latest