The Student Room Group

ex comes back

After one month of no contact, my ex comes back and says he's been missing me alot and would really like to stay in touch, saying that he wants us to be penpals so he can know what I'm doing and he can know about me from a distance.

This doesn't make any sense, why would he want to know about me from a distance when we already ended things 2 months ago.

What does he mean?
Reply 1
If you want to know what he means, ask him. But he's your ex for a reason, so if you don't want him in your life again, tell him and block him.
Your ex may genuinely want to be platonic friends.
Or he might be maliciously trying to prevent you from moving on or disrupt your life.

Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.
If you don't want to have any further contact with your ex, just ignore his message and block him.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Your ex may genuinely want to be platonic friends.
Or he might be maliciously trying to prevent you from moving on or disrupt your life.

Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.
If you don't want to have any further contact with your ex, just ignore his message and block him.

I don't know but it just seems a bit weird. Normally with friends, they want to find out 'how' you're doing not 'what' you've been doing, but considering that is an ex, it sounds like someone who wants to know what's going on in your life so they keep track of you and be there as a reminder so you wouldn't move on.
Original post by Anonymous #1
After one month of no contact, my ex comes back and says he's been missing me alot and would really like to stay in touch, saying that he wants us to be penpals so he can know what I'm doing and he can know about me from a distance.

This doesn't make any sense, why would he want to know about me from a distance when we already ended things 2 months ago.

What does he mean?

don’t do it, he wants to keep tabs on you to prevent you from moving on most likely. for being so soon stay in no contact as otherwise it can become very messy. wait until you’re both emotionally viable in 4-6 months time before considering talking as your feelings will drastically change in this time
Reply 5
Original post by greentiger
don’t do it, he wants to keep tabs on you to prevent you from moving on most likely. for being so soon stay in no contact as otherwise it can become very messy. wait until you’re both emotionally viable in 4-6 months time before considering talking as your feelings will drastically change in this time

Thank you, that's very helpful. I will do that- it's very sensible to wait until both people have calmed down and not let emotions get in the way. Good advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending