The Student Room Group

How do you let go of somebody?

A guy used to like me, and I liked him but we started drifting apart. I realised we didn't have much in common, and our conversations were never serious and lacked substance. We don't really make much of an effort to talk to each other anymore either. A part of me kind of still wants him, but I know the best thing to do right now is to just stop thinking about what we could've been and just move on. I know I should just slowly stop talking to him, then everything he does wouldn't affect me so much but it's really difficult to cut him off, I don't want to.

What should I do? I just want to stop caring.
Reply 1
I don't know what's wrong with me, we aren't even in a relationship and we don't have a deep enough connection to be in one.. he doesn't even KNOW I like him the way he likes me. I keep getting really jealous everytime he talks about a female friend, I mean she's a FRIEND yet I feel kind of protective/insecure and it's NONE of my business. I just want to stop feeling like this.
Original post by Anonymous
A guy used to like me, and I liked him but we started drifting apart. I realised we didn't have much in common, and our conversations were never serious and lacked substance. We don't really make much of an effort to talk to each other anymore either. A part of me kind of still wants him, but I know the best thing to do right now is to just stop thinking about what we could've been and just move on. I know I should just slowly stop talking to him, then everything he does wouldn't affect me so much but it's really difficult to cut him off, I don't want to.

What should I do? I just want to stop caring.

You're barely speaking to each other so just allow it. Part of being mature is being able to detach emotions where they're not needed.
Reply 3
Original post by Man.bear.pig
You're barely speaking to each other so just allow it. Part of being mature is being able to detach emotions where they're not needed.

It's just out of the guys I know, he is the one I've had the most funniest, craziest conversations with, we used to just stay up all day and night talking.. but not so much anymore. I can't see this relationship progressing any further, we don't talk long enough for either of us to really open up because he just goes to bed or whatever before I have a chance to tell him what's on my mind, which is a real shame.
Original post by Anonymous
It's just out of the guys I know, he is the one I've had the most funniest, craziest conversations with, we used to just stay up all day and night talking.. but not so much anymore. I can't see this relationship progressing any further, we don't talk long enough for either of us to really open up because he just goes to bed or whatever before I have a chance to tell him what's on my mind, which is a real shame.

If you don't see it progressing then end it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending