The Student Room Group

Psychology Dissertation Help

Hi,

I'm coming up to my last year at uni and that's when I have to do a dissertation and conduct my own study. However, I have been going over in my head what topics I am interested in and googled for some ideas but I'm still really unsure about what I want to do and it's really stressing me out. I like cognitive psychology/clinical psychology, and health psychology for example stress etc but I have no idea what I could do for my dissertation if I focus on one particular area.

Could someone please help me out? Thanks.
Reply 1
Look over your notes and identify key themes, eg. PTSD, types of therapy etc. Think back to areas and themes that you have really enjoyed during your first 2 years - were there any that really held your attention? These are the areas you should think about. I think the hardest part is deciding the area/topic for your dissertation, but once you have that set and you start your literature search, you'll be flying. Make sure that its something you are genuinely interested in - it makes the reading a lot easier. Any books journals you MIGHT use - reference them straight away. If you dno't use them you can delete them later. When you start to procrastinate - thats a cracking time to do referencing lol. Hope this helps. I've almost completed my 3rd year and received a 1st - 82 - for my dissertation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending