The Student Room Group

What module should i choose?

I'm studying psychology and choosing an extra module but can't decide between introduction to linguistics and introduction to criminology. Can anyone share their experience studying these?
Original post by Psych-eded
I'm studying psychology and choosing an extra module but can't decide between introduction to linguistics and introduction to criminology. Can anyone share their experience studying these?

Hi @Psych-eded,

I study Psychology too and I am going into my final year. Four my first year choices I had two optional ones so I chose clinical psychology and forensic psychology as they were the most psychology related ones and I wanted to explore both areas so my choosing of modules was driven by interest which I think should be the main factor in choosing for your first year.

For my final year modules, I considered other things such as which modules compliment each other best, which ones would I enjoy, how is the exam and coursework split for the module. For example, I know that I do better with coursework than exams, so when I was conflicted with two choices, I ended up choosing a module over another because I wanted to play to my strengths for final year but they were both equally interesting to me. I also tried to pick modules that would help with my dissertation.

What interests you about both/what would be your reasons for choosing either of those modules. If possible, on your university website you should be able to find more information about the module (which topics are would be covered for example) which might help your decision.

Best of luck! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest