The Student Room Group

Heartbroken but with hope

I recently found out that my boyfriend of 10 months has been sexting a girl on and off for a few months and recently stopped. He says he stopped because he realised that I was the one for him and our relationship the past month has been better than ever before. I never imagined that he would do something like this to me, i trusted him completely. When he told me i was devastated and so was he, i have honestly never seen him so remorseful and desperate to make me happy again, i cant let him go and we talked it through and are trying to get back on track. However, i now have some serious trust issues and i cant stop thinking about it and what those sexts said. Am i right to go with my heart on this and try to rebuild what we have or is there no hope...? Any experiences might help.
Hi,
Although I've never experienced something like this, I feel that if he admitted his wrongdoing at his own will, he seems like he is remorseful of what he has done. However, you MUST make it clear to him that you would not be willing to accept his behaviour again (if you were to get back together), and lay out clear rules of what you expect from him in a relationship.

I have a friend who's boyfriend does many wrong things, and because she never makes it clear that what he done has upset her, he goes on and does more bad things.... Anyway, what I'm saying is- make sure you make your expectations of the relationship clear.
If he ever does it again, you honestly deserve better (and you should cut the relationship off).

I'm a very forgiving person, and I'm guessing you are too (considering you're thinking of giving him a second chance), but you need to make sure you draw the line so he doesn't treat you like a pushover.

Maybe you should also ask some others in your life on their opinions- as they may have met him before, and would be able to make a better character judgement on him than I can over the internet!

Sorry if this wasn't much help :s-smilie:
Wishing you the best in whatever you decide to do :smile:
Original post by fkh
I recently found out that my boyfriend of 10 months has been sexting a girl on and off for a few months and recently stopped. He says he stopped because he realised that I was the one for him and our relationship the past month has been better than ever before. I never imagined that he would do something like this to me, i trusted him completely. When he told me i was devastated and so was he, i have honestly never seen him so remorseful and desperate to make me happy again, i cant let him go and we talked it through and are trying to get back on track. However, i now have some serious trust issues and i cant stop thinking about it and what those sexts said. Am i right to go with my heart on this and try to rebuild what we have or is there no hope...? Any experiences might help.

Nothing good will come of this. My exs would tell the same lies over and over which made me realise that people cannot be trusted at all. Men are easily temped and who's to say he wouldn't do it again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending