The Student Room Group

Help or a chat regarding University? I'm here!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustGeorgeJ
I know I haven't post on this site in a while, but this site really helped me whilst I was in sixth form about to head to university. It helped with my decisions and all questions I had! I'd like to repay the favour, if you have any questions, please post them and I'll try my best to answer them!

I attend Bishop Grosseteste University in Lincoln
Studying BA (Hons) Drama in The Community.
(Second Year)

How easy was it to makes friends and where did most of yours come from? (halls, course etc)
Original post by beautyviews
How easy was it to makes friends and where did most of yours come from? (halls, course etc)

Well, at first when you move in, you sort of all stick together. Like everyone in halls/course etc because you're all in the same boat, after Freshers you've pretty much found the ones you're close too.
I introduced myself to everyone in my halls but there was around 3/4 I stayed close with and then as the process of my course went on, I started making more friends and what not. A majority of mine are from my course but I still have friends from all over campus. You meet friends, friends and what not and get close to them.

So really, it wasn't too difficult to make friends. It was nerve racking but you just be yourself and slowly just start getting into a 'group' you stick with.

Our lecturer always said your friends are usually the ones you've stuck with in freshers but she says that does always mean you'll stick. The ones you've made in freshers are because you're all in the same boat and want company but as time moves on you may realise you don't really 'click' and you find others with interests and what not.

It just comes in the course of going on.

So to summaries this lengthy answer,
It was fairly easy to make friends and a majority of mine come from my course.

Does that answer your question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending