The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Dentistry at KCL

I'm 14 and want to study dentistry at Kings, I was wondering what classes you have to take in your first year and what you study x
Hi Brookebeau.x

I hope you find the folowing introduction to the course information helpful...
After a one-week introductory course to prepare you for study at university, and on the dentistry programme in particular, the remainder of the year is spent studying biomedical sciences and topics relevant to the practice of dentistry. Much effort has been put into making this year absolutely relevant to dentistry. Basic topics such as molecular and cell biology, and basic human systems specific to dentistry, will be covered. Throughout the year a course on applied dental science will introduce you to the clinical aspects of dental studies and show the relevance of the basic sciences. This course will include time assisting colleagues on the clinic and will introduce you to haptic technology. Linked to the practical courses will be biomedical science subjects such as the anatomy of the head and neck, oral biology and you will also develop a relevant understanding of the nervous system.

You might want to have a look at the videos at our online prospectus which will give you a feel for what it’s like to study dentistry at King’s.

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/interactive/name/dentistry/alpha/D/header_search
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest