The Student Room Group

I LOVE YOU - when was the last time you said those words....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
I have never said those words to anyone .Os that bad ?

Yes, it means you're a heartless brute. You need to start loving someone
The only times they physically come out of my mouth is when I'm talking to a baby or a stuffed toy. I've never typed out the words to anyone either.

So the last time was probably a few days ago when I was having a deep conversation with my teddy bear.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
To my own, dear mother, whilst she was bedridden on account of a broken leg. I've not had occasion to repeat it since.

Thank you :smile: why do you need an occasion to repeat it?
Original post by Kadak

No it's not bad. If anything, it's good. The words are too often used without any emotion behind it. :smile:
Original post by enaayrah
No it's not bad. If anything, it's good. The words are too often used without any emotion behind it. :smile:

Too true.

It's a rather sad state of affairs,
Original post by Ski_123
I said it to my boyfriend of a year and a bit :smile: he responded with "I love you more than you will ever know". I said it because he always goes above and beyond to make me feel better when my family is in a rough patch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So romantic :colondollar: You sound like one lucky girl :smile:

Original post by Incredible97
Yesterday to my adorable niece.

Original post by Munrot07
Earlier today to my girlfriend.
She said I love you too.
She had to go and...well I love her so I say I love you when she has to go :P and she loves me so says love you to me when I go.

Original post by Little Popcorns
Earlier on to my mum :h:

Cuuuute! :h:
Original post by starlight82
Thank you :smile: why do you need an occasion to repeat it?

As the most emotionally arresting phrase in the English language, its use should be reserved for when no other combination of words can possibly suffice.
Original post by Kadak

Nope, not at all. Love can be shown through actions too, you don't really have to say the words. You never know, maybe one day in the future someone will compel you to :smile:
Original post by Profesh
As the most emotionally arresting phrase in the English language, its use should be reserved for when no other combination of words can possibly suffice.

I understand. Thank you for the responses :smile:
Original post by enaayrah

Quite:

'I love you' is arguably the most significant phrase in the English language; say it on anniversaries, in times of crisis and uncertainty, during moments of profound emotional clarity, when responding to a sincere and heartfelt gesture, or after those shared rites of passage by which relationships develop and flourish (including, perhaps but by no means limited to the very best sex of your life).

Don't say it in craven defence of marital misconduct or as a perfunctory placeholder for lesser sentiments more eloquently expressed: there are times when only 'I love you' can overrule that cloying cynicism and suffocating self-doubt, and you'll sure as hell regret it if you've been repeating the words with nigh-circadian regularity since day one.
Original post by Profesh
Quite:

Hmm some food for thought as well as good advice
Original post by bailfire
Yes, it means you're a heartless brute. You need to start loving someone

Funny you said that.I guess your sort of right,I never really loved someone truly or ever displayed my true emotions.

Even when some people did say they liked me,I always turned tailed and ran.I guess I am a coward in that regards.

I prefer to keep a barrier between myself and others.I dont think I could truly love someone and even if I get into a relationship,I imagine it would be a cold one.
Original post by Kadak
Funny you said that.I guess your sort of right,I never really loved someone truly or ever displayed my true emotions.

Even when some people did say they liked me,I always turned tailed and ran.I guess I am a coward in that regards.

I prefer to keep a barrier between myself and others.I dont think I could truly love someone and even if I get into a relationship,I imagine it would be a cold one.

You'll love someone in good time, loving someone isn't something you choose. Whether you say it or not, it doesn't matter. But be glad you don't love someone though, its not as great as everyone makes it out to be - if it goes wrong, its pretty ****ty.
Who did you say it to whilst drunk? Did you feel the alcohol influenced you in being confident enough to say it?

My best friend and yeah it did I guess but we were both pissed showing bro love so it doesn't really matter.
Would you find it awkward to say it to the most important person in your life right now? Do you feel it can be left unsaid and just shown purely through actions?

I have no idea.
Would you find it awkward to say it to the most important person in your life right now? Do you feel it can be left unsaid and just shown purely through actions?

It makes me feel awkward. My family don't really say it to each other, nor are we the very loving kind, so I've grown up like this. Maybe in a more romantic situation I wouldn't feel so awkward saying it.
to a teammate on DOTA :frown:
Reply 97

I'm not really sure...
Last week. Lol
I said it to my mum the other day when she said she would give me a lift in her car to the shops. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest