The Student Room Group

Common misconceptions

How many of these 30 most common misconceptions did you fall for? I got 17/30 correct :/ i100.io/4KXbgsI

Anyone got any more common misconceptions?

EDIT: Forgot to say, leave the email box blank and it just gives you your results.
(edited 8 years ago)
Got to the end and it wanted my email, so I left.
Original post by bailfire
Got to the end and it wanted my email, so I left.

Forgot to say: leave the email blank and it just gives you your results. Sorry :/
Original post by TomatoLounge
Forgot to say: leave the email blank and it just gives you your results. Sorry :/

LOL. I'm not doing it again but I got around 10 wrong - so thats 20/30?
Original post by bailfire
LOL. I'm not doing it again but I got around 10 wrong - so thats 20/30?

Guesstimates ftw!
That stupid Marilyn Monroe quote about not being able to deal with her when she's being a scatty bitch? Wasn't actually Monroe that said that.

Mental Floss ftw.

Edit: got 22 correct.
(edited 8 years ago)
I also spotted a "vaccines make you autistic" question - absolute gold.
I got a Brier Score of 85.5% and 24/30 correct.

A lot of the questions I knew the answers to though, so that probably skewed things a bit.

But I'm also under confident in my answers.

:dontknow:
23/30 because I'm smart as ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
23/30 because I'm smart as ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

24 bru :colonhash: Do u even concept?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I got a Brier Score of 85.5% and 24/30 correct.

A lot of the questions I knew the answers to though, so that probably skewed things a bit.

But I'm also under confident in my answers.

:dontknow:

Beat you. 25/30. :smug:

I am kind of sceptical about one or two of their findings, they are a bit over-confident about some research things being definitive fact imnsho.

Still, quite interesting.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Beat you. 25/30. :smug:

I am kind of sceptical about one or two of their findings, they are a bit over-confident about some research things being definitive fact imnsho.

Still, quite interesting.

I would have expected you to get all 30. :fuhrer: Try harder next time.

I thought the cells question was misleading in its wording :ninja: Also wasn't sure about the chastity belts thing.

Also a lot of the myths are commonly debunked myths with more myths you know? Like I only knew the answers because I knew what they were gonna say. Because I subscribe to /r/TIL
(edited 8 years ago)
I would have expected you to get all 30. :fuhrer: Try harder next time.

I thought the cells question was misleading in its wording :ninja: Also wasn't sure about the chastity belts thing.

Also a lot of the myths are commonly debunked myths with more myths you know? Like I only knew the answers because I knew what they were gonna say.

I felt cold when I got out of bed and I've been mentally sluggish all morning as a result. I am going to eat fish shortly in the desperate hope it will revive me. :colone:

It's really strange weather!

Also a lot of the myths are commonly debunked myths with more myths you know? Like I only knew the answers because I knew what they were gonna say. Because I subscribe to /r/TIL

That's so true. Often urban legends are detectable, not because you know the truth about the subject, but simply because they sound like urban legends. :yep: Every now and then though, something that sounds like it absolutely must be an urban legend turns out to be at least half true.

Quick Reply

Latest