The Student Room Group

advice needed- AS levels

I got my results back and they were pretty good but throughout the entire year my mental health just plummeted, I found coping with stress very difficult and I spent most of the time feeling very anxious, I know most students get this but it was very bad. I dont want to carry on to A2 and risk my health further. Im not bothered about uni so was wondering what are my other options or just anyone who has any advice?
Original post by charlottee313
I got my results back and they were pretty good but throughout the entire year my mental health just plummeted, I found coping with stress very difficult and I spent most of the time feeling very anxious, I know most students get this but it was very bad. I dont want to carry on to A2 and risk my health further. Im not bothered about uni so was wondering what are my other options or just anyone who has any advice?

You'll be looking at going into full time employment or apprenticeships. Would you consider going to college and studying something more vocational? Without the pressure of exams?
Original post by charlottee313

Firstly, see a GP. Don't make any rash decisions when you feel like this. Anxiety can be a real problem for some people and if you are feeling this way, you might not make sensible decisions.

There are lots of things that can improve your mental health, and you are right, this is the most important thing.

Would a coursework based course like a BTEC be less stressful for you?

Quick Reply

Latest