The Student Room Group

Retake or restart the year???? I need help!!

I received my results yesterday and they weren't great and now I can't stay at the school..

I got:
U - Maths
U - Economics
U - Psychology
E - Music

I'm in London and I don't know whether to retake year 12 or to resit all the exams, but if I was to retake, I'm not sure where to go either.

Could anyone give advice?

Also, if I resit all my exams, would it effect my UCAS application, like -> would universities know, and would it be on my record? Does retakes also show on the record?

If I was to retake my exams, would that be better?

Please could someone give some advice

Thanks
Reply 1
Mate to be frank, resitting the year would mean you have a fresh start with a clearer mind. If you were to retake you'd have the pressure of the AS exams plus the A2 exams. By your results maybe rethink are they the subjects for you.
Reply 2
u sure A levels are for you? I'd say do a BTEC level 3 and get into uni that way
Reply 3
Original post by carrie97

X

Would advise to redo the year. Otherwise you'll practically have to do 3 full A-levels within a year which will be very tough.

Don't think it'd affect your ucas app unless you're applying to top unis or med/dentistry where they specify a-levels must be taken over 2 years.
Reply 4
The thing is, I mucked up the exams by not revising enough and not practising techniques and all. I just now hope to find a sixth form and although I know I got really **** grades, I want to try again and hope to do A levels if possible..
Reply 5
Would you know any schools or colleges that can do retake A levels in London?

Also, thanks for letting me know about that, it's really helpful
Reply 6
Original post by Indigo69
Mate to be frank, resitting the year would mean you have a fresh start with a clearer mind. If you were to retake you'd have the pressure of the AS exams plus the A2 exams. By your results maybe rethink are they the subjects for you.

Would you be able to suggest how I could think of which subjects are the ones, I don't actually know what to do with my life and the only thing I'm certain with is Music.
Reply 7
Original post by carrie97
I received my results yesterday and they weren't great and now I can't stay at the school..

I got:
U - Maths
U - Economics
U - Psychology
E - Music

I'm in London and I don't know whether to retake year 12 or to resit all the exams, but if I was to retake, I'm not sure where to go either.

Could anyone give advice?

Also, if I resit all my exams, would it effect my UCAS application, like -> would universities know, and would it be on my record? Does retakes also show on the record?

If I was to retake my exams, would that be better?

Please could someone give some advice

Thanks

What grades were you expecting?
Reply 8
Original post by SCAR H
What grades were you expecting?

I was expecting at least B's, or C's or even D's to stay at the school

I found out after a year when I failed miserably that I didn't do enough to achieve the potential grades which were B's and C's, but due to leaving revision late and not actually practising past papers just lead to make it worse

Quick Reply

Latest