The Student Room Group

Retaking Year 12 or going into Year 13 with Ds and Es

Ok so I'm doing maths computer science and business as my a level course and I've got e in maths e in computer science and d in business should I try and continue on to year 13 and eventually going on to a foundation year or resit year 12.
Reply 1
Original post by YHuss
Ok so I'm doing maths computer science and business as my a level course and I've got e in maths e in computer science and d in business should I try and continue on to year 13 and eventually going on to a foundation year or resit year 12.

depends what you want to do in the future - if you want to do a course that needs low grade requirements/not very popular that offers foundation years (like at a non-russel group uni) then do a foundation year. if you want to do a course at a russel group, those grades are not high enough for their foundation years and tbh if you're getting those grades in year 12, it's only going to get harder in year 13 and so your grades will likely not improve. might as well retake the year, work really hard and really understand the year 1 content before trying to move onto year 2.
Original post by YHuss

Retake year 12. A person in my year got E in year 12 chemistry, got E in January mocks… was forcefully taken off the course and had to do core maths instead. Build a strong foundation - it is for the better future
Reply 3
Restart. My friend tried to plough on (with almost the same subjects) and still ended up getting Cs and Ds last week, it’s harder to resit year 13 than year 12!
Reply 4
I guess that's the better option then plus the cost of a foundation year isn't something I can afford so Im retaking the year now

Quick Reply

Latest