The Student Room Group

retaking year 12 in year 13

hi, I've just started year 13 (two days ago) and im really struggling, especially with one of my subjects which I want to change. is there any possibility of restarting year 12 even though I've already started year 13? of course this will be up to my school but wanted to ask anyway.
thanks!
Reply 1
Yes, there is although sometimes it heavily depends of funding especially if you're retaking all the same subjects.
Reply 2
Original post by clam.pet
Yes, there is although sometimes it heavily depends of funding especially if you're retaking all the same subjects.

could you explain further?
i'm not sure about the possibility of restarting year 12 while you are in year 13 :frown:

why do you consider restarting year 12?

could you do something different in the class that you're struggling in? maybe changing a revision strategy. or could you change subjects?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by beautifulworld
i'm not sure about the possibility of restarting year 12 while you are in year 13 :frown:

why do you consider restarting year 12?

could you do something different in the class that you're struggling in? maybe changing a revision strategy. or could you change subjects?

I want to restart because I am failing in history and want to change it. I spoke to my head of year months ago about redoing year 12 and she convinced me not to but since then its just got worse and now im afraid I've left it too late. I've tried so hard, tried all different types of revision but I just can't keep up. I also have health problems which make me super tired and unmotivated.

Quick Reply

Latest