The Student Room Group

Packing

Well, i'm starting to pack in advance for university in a couple off weeks... I'm slightly scared and worried.. What should I expect for the first week?
Depends on the university. Freshers week is pretty much the same everywhere, and you might have a few "welcome lectures" which are just about bearable! But still go to them.

First week of learning will either be quite simple and slow, or, if it's anything like my university, you'll just jump straight into the course you're studying :smile:
Original post by amyperridge
Well, i'm starting to pack in advance for university in a couple off weeks... I'm slightly scared and worried.. What should I expect for the first week?

The first week is quite easy and nothing to worry about. It's normally freshers events and inductions to courses etc. Getting to know people by looking on the freshers page before you go always helps! Means you can meet people when you arrive and go to the events and what not. If not, then you've always got your flatmates.

I found when I moved into my flat first year, keeping your door open helps a tonne. When people move in, they'll be able to see you and vice versa. Honestly, first week is nice! No need to worry!
I clicked this expecting you to be a roadman threatening everyone with their gun...ffs
Reply 4
Original post by holly_1994
Depends on the university. Freshers week is pretty much the same everywhere, and you might have a few "welcome lectures" which are just about bearable! But still go to them.

First week of learning will either be quite simple and slow, or, if it's anything like my university, you'll just jump straight into the course you're studying :smile:

Well, hopefully anglia ruskin cambridge if i get my c in maths or not depends on the level im on...
Reply 5
Original post by darrantdpsexton
The first week is quite easy and nothing to worry about. It's normally freshers events and inductions to courses etc. Getting to know people by looking on the freshers page before you go always helps! Means you can meet people when you arrive and go to the events and what not. If not, then you've always got your flatmates.

I found when I moved into my flat first year, keeping your door open helps a tonne. When people move in, they'll be able to see you and vice versa. Honestly, first week is nice! No need to worry!

Unfortunately, in my room they're fire doors and close themselves, it sucks for that but we have a living room in our cluster off 7... should be good but thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by vis break
I clicked this expecting you to be a roadman threatening everyone with their gun...ffs

I clearly am a roadman.
I've been watching quite a few "what to expect during freshers week" kind of videos, and they basically say
-everyone is drunk
-everyone is nervous
-everyone is trying to make new friends
-you don't work this week
-lots of pervy people
:smile:
I clearly am a roadman.

sorry badman, pls dont hurt me.

Packing is a stressful part, you pack everything because you think you'll forget something, but don't worry, you'll be fine! Don't be scared or worried, you aren't alone. Everyone feels the same, it takes getting there to get over it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Packing is a stressful part, you pack everything because you think you'll forget something, but don't worry, you'll be fine! Don't be scared or worried, you aren't alone. Everyone feels the same, it takes getting there to get over it.

Why thank you!
I'm attempting to pack, literally essentials buuuttttttt being me... I'll over pack.

The first week will genrally be lots of clubbing drinking meeting new people going clubs maybe a few introductory lectures etc oh and you'll try to cock something and fail miserably (i tried to make pasta and sauce i made the cause from basic and it ended up as a type of dough i gave up and got a Mc Donalds).

The first day you'll get a tour of the uni a load of talks about how the course is run and what happen if you plagiarise or collude(you get kicked out) if your doing a STEM course you might have a Maths test to see where you are so they can taylor the maths course to strengthen peoples weeknesses and things then there is a lot of paper work and administration this usually takes all week oh and on the first morning you'll have a talk on livening and staying safe in the city. thats it really it's not too taxing.
Original post by jonathanemptage
The first week will genrally be lots of clubbing drinking meeting new people going clubs maybe a few introductory lectures etc oh and you'll try to cock something and fail miserably (i tried to make pasta and sauce i made the cause from basic and it ended up as a type of dough i gave up and got a Mc Donalds).

The first day you'll get a tour of the uni a load of talks about how the course is run and what happen if you plagiarise or collude(you get kicked out) if your doing a STEM course you might have a Maths test to see where you are so they can taylor the maths course to strengthen peoples weeknesses and things then there is a lot of paper work and administration this usually takes all week oh and on the first morning you'll have a talk on livening and staying safe in the city. thats it really it's not too taxing.

Yepp, that sounds right up my street! Especially with a cheeky maccers. Oh right i see so, basically what most people say about university at the start!
Yepp, that sounds right up my street! Especially with a cheeky maccers. Oh right i see so, basically what most people say about university at the start!

yep pretty much
Hey @amyperridge,

Did you get the grades you needed today? :smile:
Original post by Roving Fish
Hey @amyperridge,

Did you get the grades you needed today? :smile:

I didn't get to collect them today! I got accepted into universit before hand :smile:
I didn't get to collect them today! I got accepted into universit before hand :smile:

Wahey! Well done! :party:
Original post by Roving Fish
Wahey! Well done! :party:

Thank you!^.^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending