The Student Room Group

Are these good A Level choices

Next year, I plan to do Maths,Biology, Chemistry and computer science for A Level.

I'm still unsure about my career path but so far I have narrowed it down to medicine or something computer related (maybe programming). As of now, I am more geared towards the medicine side but I really enjoy computer science and would prefer to do it over other subjects.

However, if I decide to change my interests to a computer related career, will these A Levvel choices be ok?

Thanks!
Original post by littleheron
Next year, I plan to do Maths,Biology, Chemistry and computer science for A Level.

I'm still unsure about my career path but so far I have narrowed it down to medicine or something computer related (maybe programming). As of now, I am more geared towards the medicine side but I really enjoy computer science and would prefer to do it over other subjects.

However, if I decide to change my interests to a computer related career, will these A Levvel choices be ok?

Thanks!

yes, they're good for both of your courses ^^
maths+those 2 sciences are needed for medicine
maths is needed for computer science [computer science A level might help but isn't often required]
:smile:
Reply 2
I feel this thread is pointless and you just want attention. Yes they are excellent choices but I feel like I shouldn't have needed to respond to this.
Yes, strong subjects there.
Reply 4
Thank you for the replies guys. I feel relieved. I was just unsure whether computer science would be useful as many courses prefer further maths or physics. But i guess if i really want to do it i should be fine since those subjects are not a neccessity.

Thank you again!

Quick Reply

Latest