The Student Room Group

Bath or Exeter?

Which university is better for Management with Marketing / Business?
Bath, way better than Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by LadyBugMery
Bath, way better than Exeter

In what way?
Reply 3
I chose Exeter over Bath for business, and it was a great decision. The courses are similar, but the campus,facilities, and social life of Exeter are much much better. Bath claims that they have special connections with companies for placements etc. not true, according to my disappointed friends at Bath, they just get the same e mail listings that all unis get.
Reply 4
Also, at the Bath Offer Open Day, the two Universities which Bath most often compared themselves to were Warwick and Exeter.( refuting the way better comment)
Reply 5
Original post by Film
Also, at the Bath Offer Open Day, the two Universities which Bath most often compared themselves to were Warwick and Exeter.( refuting the way better comment)

Thank you so much! It helps a lot when people like you comment!
Bath has a very strong placement office which takes care of every student.
The faculty at Exeter is much weaker in terms of academic prestige.
Reply 7

I have a friend at Bath now, who said that this is what they say, but in actuality Bath did not help him at all for his placement, other than the usual e mail offers which are given out by all career offices from top Uni's.
Reply 8

He also said that 6 weeks before the placement period was beginning,only 40% of the students had found a placement. Many were scrambling trying to find anything.
I heard the contrary: second year undergrad students having excellent placements with Accenture, Investment banks in London and Marketing consulting companies...
Reply 10
I heard the contrary: second year undergrad students having excellent placements with Accenture, Investment banks in London and Marketing consulting companies...

Yes, you will have some good students at good Universities get these types of internships. I had friends getting paid 1000 pounds a week during the summer at banks from Exeter, working at Microsoft(2015 intern of the year was from Exeter),l'Oreal etc. My point, is that Bath did not help them anymore than other Uni's.
No I'm saying that those placements were university mediated and the placement office played a role getting them those internships. I understood there were something like 15 internship positions with Accenture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending