The Student Room Group

How do you feel about your GCSE results?

Poll

How did your GCSE results turn out?

So how did it go today? Did you get what you wanted from your GCSE results?

Vote in our poll and help us discover how GCSEs have gone for TSR's community!

Scroll to see replies

I did so terrible, I feel like dying rn
Reply 2
excellent where it mattered fairly dissappointed where it didnt B in english language
Reply 3
Was crying when I got home, it was that bad...
Reply 4
Original post by PrincessAnna
I did so terrible, I feel like dying rn

As long as you got either a B or C in Maths and English it's fine. A majority of your GCSE results are just used to decide what subjects you can take at A-Levels. Other than that, only Maths and English are important when it comes to applying for Uni/jobs.
I was crying when I came out of school but turns bout everyone did around the same as me or even worse. I was really angry that I got A's in my science exam but my controlled assessment knocked it down to a B
Reply 6
I did so much better than I expected!
I got 1 B, 3 A's, 6A*'s and 1 A^

I'm a tad disappointed in my B (drama) because I ended up getting a D in the theory, so I might get it remarked, but I am absolutely ecstatic about the rest of my grades, I got an A* in one of my English Literature papers, when I was expecting a B (got an A overall), and I got the top grade in Further Maths, which my teacher predicted me, but I wasn't so sure I'd get it when coming out, so I am very happy with that!
I passed all of them, could've done better but overall I'm not that bothered lol
ERMAGEHD I didn't get 10 A* OMD I'm not going to Oxbridge ;-;

Spoiler

Original post by Gogregg
I did so much better than I expected!
I got 1 B, 3 A's, 6A*'s and 1 A^

I'm a tad disappointed in my B (drama) because I ended up getting a D in the theory, so I might get it remarked, but I am absolutely ecstatic about the rest of my grades, I got an A* in one of my English Literature papers, when I was expecting a B (got an A overall), and I got the top grade in Further Maths, which my teacher predicted me, but I wasn't so sure I'd get it when coming out, so I am very happy with that!

what is an A^
Original post by Ibrahim Rampuri
what is an A^

It is a distinction.

You can only get it in Further Mathamatics and it is essentially a grade above an A*.

On the AQA site it says:
"Students producing an outstanding performance are rewarded with a grade above A*, getting an "A* with distinction", which is unique to this qualification."
Original post by Gogregg
It is a distinction.

You can only get it in Further Mathamatics and it is essentially a grade above an A*.

On the AQA site it says:
"Students producing an outstanding performance are rewarded with a grade above A*, getting an "A* with distinction", which is unique to this qualification."

owww well done
Original post by Ibrahim Rampuri
owww well done

Thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Got full marks (0400/0400) on my physics :redface:
6Bs 2Cs and an A* :biggrin:
10000x better than expected.
1 A*
4 A
4 B

Is that good or just okay.... ?
Reply 16
When I did mocks for English, I normally got A's or high B's, combined with my coursework. So when in the actual exam, my final grade target combined with the coursework was to get an A, or at least a high B, God knows how, I came out with a D final grade. Wtf. I mean I could've got a C at minimum if I'm there reaching for an A. All my mocks were high and everything, with the coursework too. When I did the exam, I found no difficulty either. Wow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Also, when they say in the requirements English and maths, what if I passed literature and failed language? What does that result to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsham96
Also, when they say in the requirements English and maths, what if I passed literature and failed language? What does that result to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I passed literature and failed Language too and as far as I know you have to resit language if you fail it
Quite happy and relieved :tongue: :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest