The Student Room Group

How do you feel about your GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

I got 1A, 6B's and 2C's. I'm really really happy - I got the A in French I wanted! :smile:
Wow. Poor Results from TSR this year. I remember last year when current AS students got their results there were A*'s around every corner. Letting the side down!
Overall I've got 1 B and 1 A from last year and this year I got 4A* 6A which I'm happy with considering I went from Bs and Cs in the exams last year and I had at least an A in every exam this year!:colondollar: Hoping to apply to the Sutton Trust in November as well!
Original post by ohkazuya
Well done! Seriously, good on you. Your results are fantastic!

Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Rainbowhorror01
Dude wtf
Just 'cause I got high grades does not mean I am not allowed to be happy about them
If I had just done A levels I would be tying in all caps
I do not think 'feeling awesome' constitutes an over the top sense of excitement
And so what if your cousin got better grades
The 11 A*s and 1 Distinctions I got were all the gcses that were available at my school
I know that A level isn't a ****ing cakewalk but that doesn't mean I can't be ****ing happy with my achievement now
I hate the double standard on the student room at the moment if I had Just said I was feeling awesome with 2 A*s and 7 Bs you would be saying 'congratulations! You did so well!' but just because I achieved above average you automatically assume I'm ****ing boasting
AND IT WAS A THREAD FOR POSTING RESULTS I DIDN'T REALISE I WASN'T ALLOWED TO

Yeah thats not cool....Congrats on your hard work and i hate those people who have to be like "my best friend's cousin's boyfriend got 13 A*" well f*** you.
English Lit. A
Math A
Science Add. A
Religous Studies A
General Studies A
Arabic A*
Science Core B
History B
English Languag B
French C
I fee alright I wanted science to be A especially becoz its core
and english language i was 2 marks off an A so im a bit disappointed
Proud of history though bcoz joined skool in year 11 and got B wen I never took history in my life!
......Mixed feelings
Original post by web-girl
I was miles away from an A :"] But I just knew the exam went well and I did obviously thoroughly revise for it not just the night before so I did sense a bit of weirdness so I sent it for a remark. :h:

Did you send them all for a remark or just certain components? Or the papers you thought you did well on?
Reply 87
9 A*s and an A in music - I knew I should have taken French instead of Music :P
Oh well, hope everyone got the grades they need for whatever their ambitions are!

Anthony
Original post by Kyle1198
Did you send them all for a remark or just certain components? Or the papers you thought you did well on?

I send the whole paper for a remark.
Well I didn't even get to open my envelope before being told I failed maths which I think was done as a way to reduce the upset when I opened my result but I didn't. I got 3A* 3A 2B and a D, I was projected 6A* 1A and a B. Was quite gutted but had to pretend I was happy because at my school this is considered really really good ( we are quite a low performing comprehensive) However the three subjects I did the get A* in ironically I got the highest in year in. Am so so gutted with my triple science results (AAB) as I was certain I was going to achieve A*A*A so that came as a massive shock. I failed maths by one mark (64/65) and my maths teacher actually had the audacity at that moment to tell me I didn't work hard enough (I have always always struggled with maths but I work extremely hard and he knows that) I then wasn't allowed in the news paper or the school website even though I technically came 4th in my year group. Just feel so crap about myself, all the teachers were trying to comfort me and saying I had done really well but I know I probably disappointed a few individual subject teachers :frown:
Very happy :smile:
2 A*, 6 A, a B, and a distinction in ICT
So happy with my A* in Spanish, thought the listening exam went terribly but came out with a grade I definitely wasn't expecting. Sending one of my history papers off for a remark, though, cause that could push me up to an A* - I was one point off!
Reply 91
I got 8A* and 1A, which makes me first in my year and I'm very happy about that! I really didn't expect to get A*s in geography, maths or additional science!
I got 200/200 in geography 😵 and 98UMS in quite a few of my science exams 😍

On the flip-side though I'm somewhat disappointed with English lit - A overall is great, but I got a B in the actual exam (thank goodness for coursework!) which is lower than I've ever got before and I thought the exams had gone really well!

I was going to take English lit next year, but now I'm swapping it for English language because it seems to be my weakest subject! 😭
(edited 8 years ago)
1A and 1A* from last year which makes a total of: 5A* 3A 1B 1C
Im pretty dissapointed though, In english lit i was predicted an A* and I have a C..and im not the only one in my class, one of the best in lit FAILED which im soo surprised...the B i was expecting in add maths because of the noise there was in the exam...but just 2 points from an A... the only subject im suuper happy in is chem as i was hoping for a high A and got a pretty decent A*!!!
I know I have disappointed my english teacher and she had worked sooo hard...but i cant do anything about that now so ill just have to work hard..if i continue like this ill never get into Oxford (my dream uni, please don´t judge i know i dont have the grades right know)
who here got an A or above in Gcse German plssss :smile:?
Feel good, I worked pretty hard, would have preferred less Bs though:
A* Maths
A* Biology
A* Eng lan
A* Eng lit
A* History
A* RS (short course)
A/A* Chemistry (remarking)
A Physics
A Chinese
B French
B Geography
B Drama
I feel I did OK, personally. I'm not an A*student like most of you but I'm happy with my results. This is what I got:

Spanish: A*
History: B
Hospitality: B
Religious Studies: B
Additional Science: B
Core Science: C
English Lit: C
English Lang: C
Maths: C

Although I feel quite disappointed about the C in core science as I wanted to do Biology A Level and you need BB in science. Maybe I could get a remark? :frown:
Original post by StudentStudy99
I feel I did OK, personally. I'm not an A*student like most of you but I'm happy with my results. This is what I got:

Spanish: A*
History: B
Hospitality: B
Religious Studies: B
Additional Science: B
Core Science: C
English Lit: C
English Lang: C
Maths: C

Although I feel quite disappointed about the C in core science as I wanted to do Biology A Level and you need BB in science. Maybe I could get a remark? :frown:

Depends how far off you were...you could always beg your teachers to let you do biology. It kinda sucks here Cz everyone's got 10 A* but if you did your absolute best and got your goals that's all that matters! They're just letters anyway
I feel okay, bit disappointed but okay.

I got 2A*s, 7As and a B (dont laugh but we were taught how to do culture and ethics wrong.)

Oh. And a C in German but only as I have problems hearing so the listening and speaking (i hate vowels) was a nightmare but my college has recognised that this was a unfair result and will takd it off my pointscore whrn i apply. (Can i just say i got 10 results instead of 11?)
Original post by shooks
So how did it go today? Did you get what you wanted from your GCSE results?

Vote in our poll and help us discover how GCSEs have gone for TSR's community!

I'm happy with mine! I can do the A levels that I chose. (biology, chemistry, history and art).

My results:

Additional Science: A
Maths: B
French: B
English Language: B
English Literature: C
Religious Studies: C
History: C
Art: Merit
Business Studies: Distinction

Plus Core Science from last year: A
I was happy with mine- until I found out what my friends had got-

I got A*A*A*AAABBBB- I'm really not sure anymore......

I know you shouldn't compare yourself but most my friends didn't acheive any Bs at all?

Quick Reply

Latest