The Student Room Group

What can you do with a geography degree?

So I really enjoy geography and school and if I was to pursue a career in geography , what sort of jobs are out there for people graduating with a geography degree?

I can only think of surveyors or researchers?
Original post by Mystery.
So I really enjoy geography and school and if I was to pursue a career in geography , what sort of jobs are out there for people graduating with a geography degree?

I can only think of surveyors or researchers?

Hey, fantastic choice! It's quite hard to be a 'Geographer' as a job, but the truth is with a degree like Geography you can do pretty much anything - you'll graduate with a wealth of computer abilities, mathematical competency, great written skill and a critical approach to tackling problems. Geographers go on to any range of careers from investment banking to ski resort planning to travel writing.

If you want something a bit more directly related to the degree itself then there's research of course, city & town planning, international development & humanitarian work, natural disaster monitoring and a fair few more.
The group of geographers I hung around with at university now do the following:

2x Teachers
1x Safety Officer for an Environmental Organisation (Previously worked for the Environmental Agency straight after graduation)
1x Operations Assistant for an Expedition Company
1x Project Officer for a Rivers Trust
1x Insurance Broker

None unemployed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by -=|Jay|=-
The group of geographers I hung around with at university now do the following:

2x Teachers
1x Safety Officer for an Environmental Organisation (Previously worked for the Environmental Agency straight after graduation)
1x Operations Assistant for an Expedition Company
1x Project Officer for a Rivers Trust
1x Insurance Broker

None unemployed.

what about psychology?
Original post by scrawlx101
what about psychology?

I wasn't friends with any psychology students in university, sorry.

My girlfriend is a psychology graduate, she's doing a masters and 2 of her friends are doing PhDs..
Geography teacher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending