The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The living conditions are appalling. There are mice in common areas on site and there have been instances where mice were in people's room but nothing was done about it. My toilet flush and shower drain was not fixed more than 2 weeks after telling the reception saying they've run of drain blocker. They didn't bother fixing my toilet flush even after telling them it was getting too much to knock on my roommates door in the middle of the night asking to use their toilet. How can an accommodation run out of drain blocker? Shouldn't it be restocked regularly? Recently there was an incident when the firefighters had come on site as apparently the fire alarm in my roommates had gone off but the alarm hadn't gone off as there was obvious fire but how can it be that the fire fighters had to come in case of a possible fire but the fire alarm didnt go off and the building was not evacuated. It was only when the fire fighter knocked on my room door and asked if someone was inside the room whose fire alarm had gone off. The cupboard doors in the kitchen have broken and they fixed it in such a way that the doors came off next day again and they haven't fixed it, instead they tell us that you guys pull the door too hard and the hinge breaks. They don't even replace broken parts of things, they just use a glue to fix it and give it back to use. There is also no one at the reception after 5 pm so it gets really difficult if there are any problems because even the SA's working here are international students and they don't know how things work. In a place where there are students there should be at least one security at the reception at all times which is the case at all other student accommodation in the country. There is only person at the desk from 9-5 and even we can't get in contact with him if the SA's can't help as there is no contact of him. Please think all this over when planning to book this accommodation. The reason I am giving 1 star to this accommodation is because google doesn't allow 1/2 star or 0 star reviews.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Latest