The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Xulfer
tammy, either the links to funnyjunk in your siggy are dead, or funny junk is down :frown:

i know funny junk dont work anymor :frown:
Reply 61
Beat it? No I think I'd rather go to bed. The pics of naked ladies can wait until tomorrow.

:wink:

-=X=-
Reply 62
Bhaal85
I think Micheal Jackson's 'Beat It' Song would be appropriate right now.

plz can u integrate sin2xsinx
using u=sinx
tammypotato
using u=sinx

use sin2x= 2sinxcosx

gives you INTEGRAL 2(sinx)^2cosx

then use substitution method

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 64
Silly Sally
use sin2x= 2sinxcosx

u clever gal thanks
Reply 65
tammypotato
using u=sinx

∫ ² ³ ± ÷ ° √ ∂ ∞ ≈ ≠ ≡ ≥ ≤ ø Ø ½ ¼ « » µ π

∫sin2xsinx dx =
∫(2sinxcosx)sinx dx

u=sinx therefore du/dx=cosx, dx=du/cosx

∫2sin^2xcosx du/cosx = 2∫u^2 = 2(sin^3x)/3 + c
Reply 66
Silly Sally
use sin2x= 2sinxcosx

btw i gt the bt i didnt think i could integrate 2(sinx)^2cosx
tammypotato
u clever gal thanks

Why thank you i am flattered!!! :biggrin:
tammypotato

oh? So do you understand how you do it? Bhaal85 has shown how to do it if you don't understand
Reply 69
Silly Sally
oh? So do you understand how you do it? Bhaal85 has shown how to do it if you don't understand

∫sin2xsinx dx = ∫(2sinxcosx)sinx dx

u=sinx therefore du/dx=cosx, dx=du/cosx

∫2sin^2xcosx du/cosx = 2∫u^2 = 2(sin^3x)/3 + c
Reply 70
My breath must really smell. Today I've had egg, cheese and onion crisps and beer. Yummy. Just cleaned my teeth now...all nice :biggrin:
Reply 71
tammypotato

I think perhaps you are getting confused with:

∫sin^2x dx without substitution. That's a bitch. You need to know your trig identites for that one.
Reply 72
Xulfer
My breath must really smell. Today I've had egg, cheese and onion crisps and beer. Yummy. Just cleaned my teeth now...all nice :biggrin:

Have you ever brushed your teeth and then just sipped beer/fizzy drinks/etc. Euhhhh! Never do that again, I tell you!
Reply 73
Silly Sally

yeah i do lol thanks both of u n c we r at 6 - 6

btw bhaal i love that fortuna music (techno version) gona listen to it all night :tongue:
Reply 74
Bhaal85
Have you ever brushed your teeth and then just sipped beer/fizzy drinks/etc. Euhhhh! Never do that again, I tell you!

i did it first with mint toothpaste n then coca cola it was yuckkkk
Reply 75
oh my god is all i have to say for those who got above 95/100..

Does anyone know if Elipses might show up on this thursday's exam? they are horrible! :frown:

A quick note to every1.. this will be the last Edexcel P3 exam ever! next january the pure exams are going to be called C1, C2 etc.. which our teachers say are much easier! so logically, do u think Edexcel will give us a really easy final p3 exam? or would they give us a HORRIBLY hard p3 exam as it is the final p3 exam ever, and want all the students to remember this exam? i think it'll be the worst p3 paper :s-smilie:

ive got P3 on Wed, then on thur i have Chem unit 2 and unit 3b.., then on Fri I have S1.. i've been revising p3 all the time.. some s1.. but didnt do anything on Chemistry yet.. do you all think I can catch up? and any advices on what to learn for 3b?
Reply 76
∫sin^2x dx= ∫(sinx)(sinx) dx

cos2x = cos^x-sin^2x = (1-sin^2x) - sin^2x therefore:

cos2x = 1-2sin^2x rearrange to make sin^2x the subject:

sin^2x = (1-cos2x)/2 and instead of integrating sin^2x you integrate (1-cos2x)/2

∫(1-cos2x)/2 dx = 2∫1-cos2x dx= 1/2[x-(sin2x)/2] = x/2-(sin2x)/4 + c
Reply 77
hitmannq8
oh my god is all i have to say for those who got above 95/100..

Does anyone know if Elipses might show up on this thursday's exam? they are horrible! :frown:

A quick note to every1.. this will be the last Edexcel P3 exam ever! next january the pure exams are going to be called C1, C2 etc.. which our teachers say are much easier! so logically, do u think Edexcel will give us a really easy final p3 exam? or would they give us a HORRIBLY hard p3 exam as it is the final p3 exam ever, and want all the students to remember this exam? i think it'll be the worst p3 paper :s-smilie:

ive got P3 on Wed, then on thur i have Chem unit 2 and unit 3b.., then on Fri I have S1.. i've been revising p3 all the time.. some s1.. but didnt do anything on Chemistry yet.. do you all think I can catch up? and any advices on what to learn for 3b?

who R U? ive gt P3 then chemistry 2 n 3 and S1 lol , u copycat :wink:

anyways i was thinkin about ur comment on P3 easier or harder n thought it might b easier tho ma teacher said it wont b easier or harder than the previous years! so i hope edexcel would b nice n give us a dead easy paper!
Reply 78
Bhaal85
∫sin^2x dx= ∫(sinx)(sinx) dx

cos2x = cos^x-sin^2x = (1-sin^2x) - sin^2x therefore:

cos2x = 1-2sin^2x rearrange to make sin^2x the subject:

sin^2x = (1-cos2x)/2 and instead of integrating sin^2x you integrate (1-cos2x)/2

∫(1-cos2x)/2 dx = 2∫1-cos2x dx= 1/2[x-(sin2x)/2] = x/2-(sin2x)/4 + c

ur sooo clever n im soooo jealous!
Reply 79
We had the most awful P3 exam ever last year (2003). Nothing can really beat the P3 complaints thread we had after the exam. Anyone who said that it was easy exam (very very few, one included a teacher whose pupils apparantly found it really easy) got slated by the rest of us.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE FOR YOUR EXAMS!!!

Latest