The Student Room Group

Need some advice regarding cat sitting

My stepdad's brother sadly died a few days ago so him and my mum have to drive down to England from Scotland tomorrow to sort out his stuff and for the funeral and all that jazz.

My mum has 2 kittens who have just turned 5 months old. I told her I would watch them but the problem is, I have two 9 year old cats as well and I am wondering what to do as my cats and the kittens have never met before. I am debating between taking my cats over to my mum's for the week or going over every few hours to check on the kittens. I have a car so could drive over but feel uncomfortable leaving either my cats alone in my flat at night and the kittens being alone at night at my mum's.

I've never left my cats alone at night before and one of my cats needs medication at night so I like to keep an eye on him. My cats are nervous of driving in the car and getting put into their carriers so I don't want to stress them out but I am unsure whether to move into my mum's with them for a week. I'm not allowed any more pets in my house or I would have brought the kittens up. Since its short notice, we have no money for a pet sitter plus my mum doesn't trust anyone else with her pets and neither do I.

There's also no one else who can watch them as my grandparents aren't keeping well and my mum doesn't have any neighbours at the mo. Just looking for some advice really as I have to make a choice quickly

Quick Reply

Latest