The Student Room Group

Crush crisis!

Hey guys,

I did work experience recently and I now volunteer every so often when I am free. I am 17 and I met a 23 y/o guy there who is so lovely and was on the office 2 of the days during that week, which was the October half term. I was able to talk to him for an hour and a half the other day, and I really enjoyed it, even though I thought I was going to be 'stuck' with him and no conversation seems as he was pretty shy. Thankfully, I'm not!

I was making him laugh quite a lot, and the conversation didn't run dry at all. We had a lot in common as well as the fact that he works in the career sector I want to go into. I was actually convinced I met the boy version of myself! (We are both literally nerds and love cats)

Honestly though, I don't know whether or not I was over-analysing it or whether it was a proximity thing, as I did find him attractive before. There was one point where I had alarm bells ringing in my head, because out of the other few chairs in the horse shoe shape the chair he chose to sit on was DIRECTLY next to me even though I sat down before he did. He told me that it was because it was a swivel chair and to him they are more fun to sit on... funny that it was next to me!

Also, when I helped with the paperwork, he was being so resourceful. He asked me if I wanted to use his laptop, even though I had one of my own already and I told him repeatedly. Was he being heroic or was he just being nice?

In our conversation, he seemed very interested in what I was doing, but I don't know if he was doing that to break the ice and be nice, or if he was genuinely interested in my life. I was in his, but I don't know whether or not that was flirting or not!

If anyone has some advice, please tell me what your opinion is. I don't know if he was just being nice to me because I am so bad at reading people, but I I know he really enjoyed spending time with me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending