Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am aware we will need induction pots and pans to be able to cook with the ovens provided in our accommodation. This is true, right?

If this is true, does anyone have a link to where I can find this information on the Hertfordshire university website? or if not, any link to where I can find this information? My parents don't believe that this is true and I want to prove to them, that I'm not wrong.

ReputationRep:
    it should be under the more information section of all the bellingham, spalding and maclean room options, but i cant seem to access it, im not sure whether thats because the accommodation is full for this years intake. if you cant find anything, tell your parents that i lived in halls last year and had a nightmare because they didnt inform us we needed induction pans until two weeks before move in day, and then mine werent the right size, so i can 100% confirm you need induction pans! however you havent mentioned what halls you are in, if you are in telford or on de hav, you dont actually need them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen-)
    it should be under the more information section of all the bellingham, spalding and maclean room options, but i cant seem to access it, im not sure whether thats because the accommodation is full for this years intake. if you cant find anything, tell your parents that i lived in halls last year and had a nightmare because they didnt inform us we needed induction pans until two weeks before move in day, and then mine werent the right size, so i can 100% confirm you need induction pans! however you havent mentioned what halls you are in, if you are in telford or on de hav, you dont actually need them
    Thank you for the information. I am in Spalding Court. I did find some information and showed my parents but they are being stubborn. I have found some cheap pans online, which say they work with the induction hobs so I will hopefully buy them.

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure that after you've logged in to the residences page you can find the information regarding pans and stuff under 'review induction'

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_1378.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  407.9 KB if you want proof, here you go. I took this picture like less than 4 weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    Get an induction converter... so then you don't have to buy induction pans! Just use normal pans. http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/...J9fBoCB0zw_wcB

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you do definitely need induction pans!
    You can find info on it on your online induction.
    John Lewis, Argos or online are your best bets on buying them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.