The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Type of cookware to buy

Hi, i am hopefully moving into Ranmoor/Endcliffe apartments in September and am preparing to buy things to take with me. Does anyone know if the stove is induction or regular, as im wondering if i should get induction friendly pots n pans or just regular, one of the options would save me £20 quid. Also if there is anything else people recommend i should bring with me, id be more than happy to take ideas/ advice, my room is ensuite.
On the website it says its an induction hob
Think about the meals you want to cook at uni and what you would need for them. If it turns out that you need something there are plenty of reasonable priced shops in the city center to buy them from

I would say that people tend to forget things like kitchen roll / tin foil or pots to put leftovers in

Also for the room bringing things from home such as a favourite mug or cushion ect helps people with homesickness more than getting all new things
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Hi @alwinthomas409 if you're moving into a shared kitchen, it can be worth bringing distinctive cutlery, crockery and kitchenware so that it doesn't get lost or mixed up. It might be worth not bringing too much to begin with and seeing what the hob is like when you get there. I'm sure your flatmates will be happy to let you borrow things for the first few days if you get stuck!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending