The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CaitlinN15
Has anyone heard from dundee about mental health nursing today? They said it should be the last day of sending offers for nursing today about 7 times now..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they said today but there's a huge amount of people still waiting to hear.
The offers seem to be coming in dribs and drabs with no sort of pattern. I'm waiting to hear about child but I've not go my hopes up.
Has anyone heard from dundee about mental health nursing today? They said it should be the last day of sending offers for nursing today about 7 times now..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm waiting too but for adult. I was in the very first session over 2 months ago and they said they were aiming to reply to everyone by today but they couldn't promise anything, so I doubt we'll hear:/ x
I don't understand why it's taking them so long considering it was all done on the iPads so it's all computerised. 😣
[QUOTE=Ionasmummy;63795333]I don't understand why it's taking them so long considering it was all done on the iPads so it's all computerised. 😣

I think it's because they haven't finished interviews yet, I know a girl who had her's just two days ago so I guess they aren't finished yet :/ they said they interview everyone before they give out offers but they gave my friend an offer last week so I'm a bit confused as to how they're doing it x
What's a reasonable amount of time to wait before emailing admissions to ask for an update? I had my interview on March 4th and not knowing their decision yet is driving me mad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=tracijune;63795827]What's a reasonable amount of time to wait before emailing admissions to ask for an update? I had my interview on March 4th and not knowing their decision yet is driving me mad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was 28th January so think I've had enough time!!😅
Original post by sandy G
Hi anyone been to kingston interview for adult nurse

Hi Sandy
take a look here:
http://www.healthcare.ac.uk/courses/nursing/interview-and-selection-day-nursing-registered-nurse/

Good luck

Karen
Anyone firming adult nursing in university of Leeds?
Anyone stuck between Surrey and Southampton? 😬 / firming Surrey or Southampton for adult nursing?
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this.... im new :biggrin:

Has anyone heard back for interview for UWS Dumfries for Adult Nursing september intake? I got my invite for testing on the 20th January, went for testing on 22nd March and have heard nothing back yet?! Im worried that my testing date was really late on and there were only three of us there? At this rate they wont have time to interview us before the 5th May deadline! Its the only uni i applied to so ive got all my hopes pinned on this and the wait is killing me lol.
[QUOTE=Kennastalker;63813487]Not sure if this is the right place to ask this.... im new :biggrin:

Has anyone heard back for interview for UWS Dumfries for Adult Nursing september intake? I got my invite for testing on the 20th January, went for testing on 22nd March and have heard nothing back yet?! Im worried that my testing date was really late on and there were only three of us there? At this rate they wont have time to interview us before the 5th May deadline! Its the only uni i applied to so ive got all my hopes pinned on this and the wait is killing me lol.

I didn't interview there but I would definitely ring and email admissions. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Kennastalker
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this.... im new :biggrin:

Hi, don't worry it's not late at all! I have a dumfries UWS testing on 21st April for mental health nursing! They said to me I'll have the interview a few days before 5th may so I am a bit worried but I'm sure for you it'll be okay. If you're worried just give them a ring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladyspork
I didn't interview there but I would definitely ring and email admissions. Good luck :smile:

Aww i was worried if i bugged admissions theyd think i was a pest haha. Thankyou
Hi, don't worry it's not late at all! I have a dumfries UWS testing on 21st April for mental health nursing! They said to me I'll have the interview a few days before 5th may so I am a bit worried but I'm sure for you it'll be okay. If you're worried just give them a ring

Posted from TSR Mobile

Goodness, 21st April for testing! 😰 Ok, im possibly panicking over nothing atm then 😂its just so nerve wracking! Good luck for your testing 😊 if its anything like the nursing one for MH then itll be a breeze, id studied waaay too hard for mine
Original post by Kennastalker
Goodness, 21st April for testing! 😰 Ok, im possibly panicking over nothing atm then 😂its just so nerve wracking! Good luck for your testing 😊 if its anything like the nursing one for MH then itll be a breeze, id studied waaay too hard for mine

I know right? They're pushing the boat out a little bit with the time frame for my testing aha. I know it's nerve wracking but worrying over it now will make it worse when they contact you again aha. And I'm a bit nervous for the testing because like for my other unis i've applied for no testing was needed so I have no idea what to expect because obviously I can't use my other uni experiences ahaha. How's the dumfries campus? I've never been because of the journey it is from where I live aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right? They're pushing the boat out a little bit with the time frame for my testing aha. I know it's nerve wracking but worrying over it now will make it worse when they contact you again aha. And I'm a bit nervous for the testing because like for my other unis i've applied for no testing was needed so I have no idea what to expect because obviously I can't use my other uni experiences ahaha. How's the dumfries campus? I've never been because of the journey it is from where I live aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are so right, worrying just makes me worry more 😊 i gave up refreshing the ucas track page and went and did the housework to take my mind off it 😂. The dumfries campus in my opinion is beautiful, very tranquil grounds with scattered buildings full of character, its not a big uni, i previously studied at Uni of Dundee and it was gigantic in comparison. The staff i met at the testing were absolutely lovely and really made me feel at ease. How far are you travelling? If you want any advice on the area let me know.... ill help where i can 😊
Reply 3476
Is anyone thinking of firming Keele for adult nursing? :smile:
Hello!

Is anyone else going to Southampton in September? :smile:
Original post by Leanne_R
Hey,

I also got an offer there for Adult Nursing- do you think it'll be your firm or insurance choice?

Hey! I've also got an offer for Adult Nursing at Southampton, they're my firm and Bournemouth is my insurance :smile:
Original post by imogen1609
Hey! I've also got an offer for Adult Nursing at Southampton, they're my firm and Bournemouth is my insurance :smile:

Oh ok that's cool :smile: what made you put Southampton as your firm? I'm likely to do the same but just not too sure although I don't want to leave it too late :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending