The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lryan6
Het everyone!
I have applied for uni and have been rejected by city but go an invitation for numeracy and literacy test with Middlesex and Kingston, Is anyone else going or has anyone ever done these test cause I'm a nervous wreck over them.
Branch: Midwifery. Please keep in touch, would be great.

Uni: south bank, west London, Middlesex , Kingston

Relevant exp: Done a pre nursing course in Ireland. Did 6 month placement working as a nurses aid in different units. Volunteered with special Olympics Ireland, volunteered with the 2010 special Olympic games. Volunteered as a youth helper for the elderly on a pilgrimage to Lourdes. Now currently volunteering in the maternity ward in Northwick park hospital;. Certified first aider and emergency first responder although I need to do a refresher course in the EFR as its almost out of date,

When did you sent off your application. I still haven't heard anything from MDX but Im doing child nursing! I think all the numeracy and literacy tests are similar between these branches. For Kingston, theres gonna be a MMI so be prepared to do role-plays.
Original post by KristieNCarr
By the way when did you apply?

If you're talking to me I sent mine off 3 weeks ago! Good luck fingers crossed for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That makes it even scarier! It would be great to know some people there though!!
Original post by lryan6
Hey all.

Hope everyone is well. so I have applied for midwifery and by god I hope get in. I have been called in to do the numeracy and literacy tests with two of my choices.. has anyone done these test before .. is it scary?

Branch: Midwifery

Uni: Middlesex, Kingston, West London ,south bank

Experience: Have done a pre nursing course in Ireland, Did work experience for 6 months in different units as a nurses aid , volunteered with special Olympics Ireland, was a volunteer at the 2010 Olympic games in Ireland. Volunteered in Lourdes as a youth helper for the elderly and now currently volunteering in the maternity ward in Northwick park hospital. Qualified in first aid and emergency first responder however need to do a refresher course I the EFR as its almost out of date..

I've had two of them so far! They're really easy don't worry! The maths was stuff like 567 take away 345, and percentages but you get a calculator!
The English was easy "pick a word to complete the sentence"
I got 100% in both
Good luck!
Reply 484
Where did you do your tests ?
Good luck everyone !
I had an interview at LJMU last Wednesday and got an offer the next day !
All firmed now and ready to go in March !
Good luck everyone
I've been invited to a test event at UCLan on the 18th and then I have an interview at York on December 12th☺️
Has anyone had any Mental Health Nursing interviews / offers yet?

I've applied to Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Beckett, University of Leeds and Huddersfield but not heard from any and its been 3 weeks...

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Chash22308903
Hi :smile: I applied about three weeks ago for tesside, northumbria and york for child nursing too :smile: got an interview for teesside but I think they all tend to take ages to reply!

Sorry this was my previous post but my account wouldn't work so i've had to create a new one! I got an interview sent through from Teesside yesterday just as I sent the message :tongue:

When's your interview?? :smile:
just got an interview invite from Sheffield Hallam for 21st November! this is my 4th invite out of my 5 now😁😁😁
Which branch of nursing have you applied for at Hallam? I've not had any notifications yet and just getting a bit worried!
Which branch of nursing have you applied for at Hallam? I've not had any notifications yet and just getting a bit worried!

adult😊
Ah, ok! I applied for Mental Health Nursing. I'm hoping they work their way around to my application soon then!

When did you submit your application?

Thank you :smile:
Ah, ok! I applied for Mental Health Nursing. I'm hoping they work their way around to my application soon then!

When did you submit your application?

Thank you :smile:

ah good luck!! I think it was about 5th October! it took about 10 days for my first interview invite to come through so I was quite lucky, I know people who it's taken much longer so try not to worry😊
Original post by kjade95
Sorry this was my previous post but my account wouldn't work so i've had to create a new one! I got an interview sent through from Teesside yesterday just as I sent the message :tongue:

When's your interview?? :smile:

Well Done! :smile: Mine's on the 12th, when is yours?

So nervous!
Original post by Chash22308903
Well Done! :smile: Mine's on the 12th, when is yours?

So nervous!

Soon then! Mines the 17th.. I don't even know where to start preparing! Been looking at examples questions and the maths example! You'll have to let me know how you get on :smile:.
As I haven't heard from any of my choices and it has been 3 weeks since I applied I emailed all of my choices earlier to ask if they have received my application...

I've just received an email from Uni of Leeds stating they have received my application and will be inviting me to interview when they have arranged dates (likely to be the end of November)!

So it may be worth emailing each of your choices and just asking if they have received your application and when you can expect to receive a reply as it worked for me :smile:
As I haven't heard from any of my choices and it has been 3 weeks since I applied I emailed all of my choices earlier to ask if they have received my application...

I've just received an email from Uni of Leeds stating they have received my application and will be inviting me to interview when they have arranged dates (likely to be the end of November)!

So it may be worth emailing each of your choices and just asking if they have received your application and when you can expect to receive a reply as it worked for me :smile:

congratulations! hope it all goes well for you!😊
Original post by ciaracross
just got an interview invite from Sheffield Hallam for 21st November! this is my 4th invite out of my 5 now😁😁😁

Did you hear from Sheffield Hallam by email or post? x
Original post by kjade95
Soon then! Mines the 17th.. I don't even know where to start preparing! Been looking at examples questions and the maths example! You'll have to let me know how you get on :smile:.

Will do! From what I've read on here from previous years once you have passed the maths and literacy stuff at the beginning then its not so bad, the one on one interview seems okI'm just at the end of a psychology degree and haven't done fractions since GCSE so going over them again! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending