The Student Room Group

Guidance needed on AQA history remarks

Hey

I'm quite surprised with my AS history result even though my teacher thinks its not worth a remark. I achieved a D, C (68 UMS) in his2m and an E (43 UMS) in his1b, I am 9 UMS away from a C, i was wondering how much 1 usm is worth of raw marks, and if its actually worth a remark or if i should only remark one of the modules and leave the other, considering i have a high D idk if i should risk a remark due to the awkwardness of my own teacher. What would I need to achieve at least an overall B??? im just so confused and really need help as i have to give the form in for remarks by the end of this week.

Thank u for any advice in advance
Hey
His1B You have: 43 UMS 32 RAW = E

For a D... You need 50 UMS 36 RAW
For a C... You need 60 UMS 42 RAW

His 2M you have: 68 UMS 47 RAW = C

For a B... You need 70 UMS 48 RAW

Overall, you have: 111 UMS
You need 120 UMS for a C and 140 UMS for a B overall.

This link converts raw mark to UMS:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

Personally, I would get a remark in both. Definitely get His 2M remarked.

Hope this helps!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi thanks for responding!
I've decided to remark both. I was wondering what sort of grades I should be aiming for at A2 to achieve at least a B overall??
Original post by helprequired11
Hi thanks for responding!
I've decided to remark both. I was wondering what sort of grades I should be aiming for at A2 to achieve at least a B overall??

If your UMS doesn't go up you'll need 85%+ on your A2 modules for a B overall (roughly a high A on both). It is worth nailing the coursework and getting close to full marks on this.

To make it more clear you need 280 UMS overall (out of 400) for a B and so far you have 111 from AS. So you need to find 169 UMS (out of 200) across both A2 modules if you want a B overall.
Original post by politics 678
If your UMS doesn't go up you'll need 85%+ on your A2 modules for a B overall (roughly a high A on both). It is worth nailing the coursework and getting close to full marks on this.

To make it more clear you need 280 UMS overall (out of 400) for a B and so far you have 111 from AS. So you need to find 169 UMS (out of 200) across both A2 modules if you want a B overall.

Alright, thank you very much. I'm considering of resitting one of the modules so I could get my grade up

Quick Reply

Latest