The Student Room Group

PYSCHOLOGY or SOCIOLOGY A- LEVEL

I've chosen Business Studies, Art and Sociology currently but since the first day back I'm debating changing the subject Sociology for Psychology,

Opinions on swapping/ subjects; keep with current subjects
or which compliments the other two A level subject?
Thanks
neither sociology nor psych compliment your two other Alevels. go with what you think sounds most interesting.
My friends who done psychology and sociology got a better grade in sociology so I'm assuming sociology is more straightforward

If you want to choose what you'd enjoy more, you need to look at the syllabus and see which appeals to you more.

Depending on your choice of degree, I think psychology is more 'respected' as an a-level but they are both not traditional subjects so I guess they're valued as equally as one another.

In terms of which compliments your other two subjects more, I have no idea lmao. Maybe sociology? Maybe psychology? Have a word with the teachers if you want some more guidance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
i did both sociology and psychology and tbh sociology was far more interesting to me (i got an A* in it)
i think it depends a lot on you though as i know people who found it the other way around - i would say psychology is more science-y so i think it depends on what you prefer and how good you are at science/maths (there is some graphs and things involved in psych which you just dont have to do in sociology)

Quick Reply

Latest