The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes. It just means that the specification will remain the same until 2017 - you can take both the AS and A2 under the current specification this year :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by thatitootoo
Yes. It just means that the specification will remain the same until 2017 - you can take both the AS and A2 under the current specification this year :smile:

alright thank you. :smile:
Hey guys I'm going to apply for Edexcel Arabic as an Alevel for the next session and I just had a few questions about the subject. 1) Is it possible to study Arabic in the home or I need a private tutor to guide me. 2) Although the harakat part in the AS paper carries only 5 marks I'm so confused and I really want to know how am I supposed to solve this part of the paper.3) The translation part in both papers must be written as paragraph or listed in points. 4) About your previous experience is it an easy subject to study and score a satisfying grade or it is extremely hard. Thanks alot for your help guys !
Reply 4
Hi karim, I am in the same position as you, I am currently doing a level Arabic this year and I bought the Arabic books for edexcel specification, they are really good the a2 ones shows how to put the harakat and the translation stuff you need, just buy the books they really help. I am learning at home with my mom, even though I'm Arab and it's my language I still need to revise its still hard. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm also doing a level arabic this year
I know a tuition place that does arabic gcse and a level tuition in london
If u want the details just ask :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by urteeththo
I'm also doing a level arabic this year
I know a tuition place that does arabic gcse and a level tuition in london
If u want the details just ask :smile:

Is it possible to pm me the details?
Actually I live in KSA so it's really difficult to start tuitions here. Anyway thanks for the help.
Reply 8
Alright, then you probably do international A level if your abroad ( out of the U.K. ) good luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,
I just had 2 questions.
Firstly is there marks for the punctuation in the essays written in the AS level or A2 Arabic EDEXCEL. OR it is like the Olevel ?
Secondly translation is written in a form of an essay or points,
Thank you in advance I really appreciate it.
Original post by Karim_Yousef
Hey guys,
I just had 2 questions.
Firstly is there marks for the punctuation in the essays written in the AS level or A2 Arabic EDEXCEL. OR it is like the Olevel ?
Secondly translation is written in a form of an essay or points,
Thank you in advance I really appreciate it.

Punctuation only to the point where it is the meaning wont be lost. It has to be understandable!
The translation I am pretty confident it is in essay.
I finished my AS arabic and got A with 92/100 ums ask me anything if u need help. Don't ask about A2 though as I dropped it this year.
Reply 11
You know for Arabic a level, do you have to do speaking and listening exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by koolgurl14
Punctuation only to the point where it is the meaning wont be lost. It has to be understandable!
I finished my AS arabic and got A with 92/100 ums ask me anything if u need help. Don't ask about A2 though as I dropped it this year.

That's amazing, how did you revise for arabic? and when did you start revising?

I am doing as and a2 this year, would you mind sharing any tips for the exam?
Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hiba.A
That's amazing, how did you revise for arabic? and when did you start revising?

Original post by s_ahmed2
I am doing as and a2 this year, would you mind sharing any tips for the exam?
Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well ive done all the past papers, so i get comfortable with the structure of the exam.
For the writing I used this website and read from it near the exam and memorized as much phrases it was very useful as the topic are very similar to what the specification expects you to know what to speak about. make sure you know the typical way of writtting introduction conclusion and the body based on arguemtn or opinion these basics make a difference, this is the website :
http://www.mawdoo3.com/

I studied it all on my own as the school had no teachers or any of that sort, I priortized the punctuation the least as I felt it was a waste of time (now i say this cause I was kind of short on time as I did 5 alevels) the reaseon i least priotized punctuation is cuz it doesnt have that much marks and if I could make sure all the other sections are perfect I can just wing it and i realized this by doin past papers that I used to get like 2-3 of the marks by just guessing the punctuation.

I think the biggest mistake you could possibly do is get lazy of writting the essays you have to you have to do it in timed conditions, the time is going to be the hardest thing in this exam maybe not at home but in the real exam it will .

I was tempted to by a book I dont know how useful it will be but honestly if you are already arab it will not be that hard to get around the reading section, the reading section I think is doing the past papers that make a difference. If you end up being in short for questions when you finish the past paper Id suggest doing some IGCSE edexcel arabic past papers as they are the most similar thing I could find.

If you dont get anything I said just ask me and good luck. I started revising for it in mid march.
Reply 15
Well ive done all the past papers, so i get comfortable with the structure of the exam.
For the writing I used this website and read from it near the exam and memorized as much phrases it was very useful as the topic are very similar to what the specification expects you to know what to speak about. make sure you know the typical way of writtting introduction conclusion and the body based on arguemtn or opinion these basics make a difference, this is the website :

I studied it all on my own as the school had no teachers or any of that sort, I priortized the punctuation the least as I felt it was a waste of time (now i say this cause I was kind of short on time as I did 5 alevels) the reaseon i least priotized punctuation is cuz it doesnt have that much marks and if I could make sure all the other sections are perfect I can just wing it and i realized this by doin past papers that I used to get like 2-3 of the marks by just guessing the punctuation.

I think the biggest mistake you could possibly do is get lazy of writting the essays you have to you have to do it in timed conditions, the time is going to be the hardest thing in this exam maybe not at home but in the real exam it will .

I was tempted to by a book I dont know how useful it will be but honestly if you are already arab it will not be that hard to get around the reading section, the reading section I think is doing the past papers that make a difference. If you end up being in short for questions when you finish the past paper Id suggest doing some IGCSE edexcel arabic past papers as they are the most similar thing I could find.

If you dont get anything I said just ask me and good luck. I started revising for it in mid march.

Thank you

Thanks for that. By punctuation do you mean grammar?

Also if I may ask, are you an arab?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miminfl
You know for Arabic a level, do you have to do speaking and listening exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know, for edexcel, there is not speaking/listening. Just one paper for as and one for a2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Alright thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miminfl
Alright thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which book are you studying for the A2 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending