The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miminfl
How was the paper guys?!!!

I found the writing challenging, I didn't have enough information for any of the topics! What about you?
I was lost for words! And i didn't know how to translate some words so that sucked :/
Reply 122
Original post by Belmtaie
I found the writing challenging, I didn't have enough information for any of the topics! What about you?

I found the translation weird to translate in Arabic, and the essay questions were okay but I'm not sure about my structure :frown: what did you choose for section C?
Original post by Miminfl
How was the paper guys?!!!

Alhamdulillah it was better than I expected :smile:

Which essay questions did you pick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miminfl
I found the translation weird to translate in Arabic, and the essay questions were okay but I'm not sure about my structure :frown: what did you choose for section C?

I chose the question about marriage and kalilah wa dimna. What about you? I won't be able to achieve the A* that I was aiming for because my writing was not of excellent quality :ashamed2: Can you retake A2 or would you have to do both AS and A2 again?
I chose the question about marriage and kalilah wa dimna. What about you? I won't be able to achieve the A* that I was aiming for because my writing was not of excellent quality :ashamed2: Can you retake A2 or would you have to do both AS and A2 again?

I did the marriage one and al liss wal kilaab.

Yes, you can retake only A2 if you want, hopefully you'll get the A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126

What about the second question ? And you can resit and I chose 6b in Alish w and kilab and 8a in kindil um hashim it was hard and me too I stopped aiming for an A or an A*
Reply 127
[QUOTE="s_ahmed2;65846597"]Alhamdulillah it was better than I expected :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE.
6a and 8b , I didn't do that much comparison tho abut Alish and raof I'm not sure abut this paper:/Wbu???
[QUOTE="Miminfl;65848505"]
Original post by s_ahmed2
Alhamdulillah it was better than I expected :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE.
6a and 8b , I didn't do that much comparison tho abut Alish and raof I'm not sure abut this paper:/Wbu???

I did 6b and 5a, I just tried my best. I guess we will find out on results day. InshaAllah we all get what is best for us. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
[QUOTE="s_ahmed2;65848981"]
Original post by Miminfl

I did 6b and 5a, I just tried my best. I guess we will find out on results day. InshaAllah we all get what is best for us. :smile:
Is that about raof and 3aleesh? And Yeahh same as the one I picked and your right , in sha Allah!!🙏🏻
Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the marriage one and al liss wal kilaab.

Yes, you can retake only A2 if you want, hopefully you'll get the A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so too but I am sure that my chances are very slim! I think a lot of people did the marriage one as it was the easiest question from the first section. Is Arabic your first language?

Original post by Miminfl
What about the second question ? And you can resit and I chose 6b in Alish w and kilab and 8a in kindil um hashim it was hard and me too I stopped aiming for an A or an A*

My second question was 7b which was about kalilah wa dimna, you had to write one of the stories that shows the importance of checking facts or something like that :confused: I wanted to do kindil um hashim but I couldn't think of anything to write. Will you be retaking or are you just going to leave it?
I hope so too but I am sure that my chances are very slim! I think a lot of people did the marriage one as it was the easiest question from the first section. Is Arabic your first language?

My second question was 7b which was about kalilah wa dimna, you had to write one of the stories that shows the importance of checking facts or something like that :confused: I wanted to do kindil um hashim but I couldn't think of anything to write. Will you be retaking or are you just going to leave it?

Yeah that was the only one I understood lol, no I am a non arab. Been learning arabic for two years part time and one year full time.

I'm guessing you're an arab?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh I remember the pain of A level Arabic... didnt have the will to carry on to A2. I hope it went well for y'all
Reply 133

I don't think I want to retake like I'm aiming for a decent grade but I'm not sure Ugm? Cuz you never know how organised your essay is and stuff and didn't you read the story?
Original post by Miminfl
Gonna do the arabic paper in the morning and bio in the afternoon! 2 exams on the same day!!!! 😒

I did the opposite. Biology in morning and arabic in afternoon.
I had to be isolated in beteen the two exams
How did they go?
Reply 135
Original post by kother2015
I did the opposite. Biology in morning and arabic in afternoon.
I had to be isolated in beteen the two exams
How did they go?

Really they didn't let me do the Arabic in the afternoon cuz I'm the only one who does Arabic in my sixth forms and Arabic was okayish im not sure if my essays is good enough, and I did ocr a2 bio it was kinda hard! But not as bad as I thought in a way i had to be supervised all day! Wbu?
How did everyone do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a C when I was predicted an A, I'm absolutely astonished. I 'm not even sad about it just really really surprised, I felt so confident after leaving the exam room.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SakuraE
I got a C when I was predicted an A, I'm absolutely astonished. I 'm not even sad about just really really surprised, I felt so confident after leaving the exam room.

Aah, sorry to hear.

Did you do as?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aah, sorry to hear.

Did you do as?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I got a very good A* in the gcse and I had a tutor all year round, also I felt like I knew what I was doing so it lead me to think everything was going ok, but after getting those results that does not seem to be the case.

Latest

Trending

Trending