The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SakuraE
Yes, I got a very good A* in the gcse and I had a tutor all year round, also I felt like I knew what I was doing so it lead me to think everything was going ok, but after getting those results that does not seem to be the case.

I see, yeah the A-Level is very different to GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was wondering what textbooks and resources people use when they are studying the A2 ?
Reply 142
I got 158 UMS marks which is a B and 160 is an A !!!!!! That kills 😤 :'(
Original post by SakuraE
I was wondering what textbooks and resources people use when they are studying the A2 ?

I'd like to know too! How many books are you reading btw? I want to read two books (Al liss wal kilaab and Qindil Um Hashim) so I can just pre-plan my answers to the questions on them on the exam (and avoid the topic questions, because idk how to prepare for them) but idk if I can?
Reply 144
Hi everyone who's doing a2 Arabic on the 24th of may???
Original post by SakuraE

Arabic Season for AS and A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Miminfl
Hi everyone who's doing a2 Arabic on the 24th of may???

I did it last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Original post by s_ahmed2
I did it last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I remember you, I got a B last year 2 marks of an A so I'm retaking a2 what did u get ?
Original post by Miminfl
Same I remember you, I got a B last year 2 marks of an A so I'm retaking a2 what did u get ?

I got an A alhamdulillah
Reply 149
I got an A alhamdulillah

That's really good mashallah!
Original post by Miminfl
That's really good mashallah!

Good luck for the exam, hopefully you'll get an A this time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
Good luck for the exam, hopefully you'll get an A this time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you .
IN Sha Allah, I hope so, last year I was too busy revise Arabic I thought being an Arab helps but hahah didn't work , u going uni this year?
Original post by Miminfl
Thank you .
IN Sha Allah, I hope so, last year I was too busy revise Arabic I thought being an Arab helps but hahah didn't work , u going uni this year?

Doing past papers helps a lot. I study the Islamic Sciences so we did arabic as part of the course last year. Technically I am in 2nd year of uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Doing past papers helps a lot. I study the Islamic Sciences so we did arabic as part of the course last year. Technically I am in 2nd year of uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true, past paper help, I thought being fluent in speaking Arabic means I can get an A with little work but I wasn't wrong and oh that's nice mashallah what uni is that?
Original post by Miminfl
Yeah that's true, past paper help, I thought being fluent in speaking Arabic means I can get an A with little work but I wasn't wrong and oh that's nice mashallah what uni is that?

It's an Islamic college/uni in London. Not that famous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
It's an Islamic college/uni in London. Not that famous

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mashallah all the best 😇
Original post by Miminfl
Mashallah all the best 😇

Likewise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arrow_h
And does anyone have or know where to find the story version of the Thiefs and the Dogs pleaseee

health
Any predictions for the long writing questions that might come up for the A2 one, because they're very different every year

Latest

Trending

Trending