The Student Room Group

Navel Piercing + Sleeping

Hey all :smile:

I got my navel pierced yesterday (:biggrin:) and had my first sleep with it last night. However, I was actually in pain for a bit last night! I remember waking up a couple of times because my navel was really hurting; it was only for a little bit, but it killed. I assume this is due to sleeping position. However, when I was laying there trying to get back to sleep, it stang a little bit again, just randomly (this was laying on my back).

So basically, my question is, what can I do to help stop this! I usually sleep on my sides, so should I try sleeping on my back? Also, if I keep banging it in the night and stuff, does that make it more prone to rejection?

Reply 1
heya, i had the top of my belly button pierced nearly 2 years ago and was told to keep a gauge over it for the 1st 24 hours to avoid catching it, but the pain will only last a couple of days as it is a fresh wound. when i had the bottom of my belly button pierced about 10 months ago there was a little bit of pain for the first couple of days/nights but it soon went away.
just remember to keep it clean!
Reply 2
o0o okay. I will clean it the right times.

When I had mine done, the piercer put a plaster on it, but only said to keep it on for two hours :confused: :p: Sigh, different strokes for different folks!

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 3
Oh, sorry - another question. :smile:

Part of my exercise that I do involves sit-up and other exercises that involve the stomach. Should I avoid doing these until the piercing is healed?

(cos if I do, I'll lose my flat stomach, and the piercing will look ugly :ninja: :frown:)
Reply 4
Yes, avoid the exercise till for a while - it may take up to a year to fully heal, but I'd leave exercises that involve the stomach for a month or two.

And I can't say I ever had any pain whilst sleeping (usually on my sides) when either of my navel piercings were healing...sure it wasn't rubbing anything or you didn't roll onto your stomach when you slept?
Reply 5
i always accidentally go onto my stomach, my piercing is like 3 days old now and i was asleep last night then woke up because it was hurting because i was on my stomach then obviously, i was half asleep and then brought my hand to my head to rest hit my navel piercing and it hurt for like 2 min then i went back to sleep, will i be ok?
Original post by brookexo
i always accidentally go onto my stomach, my piercing is like 3 days old now and i was asleep last night then woke up because it was hurting because i was on my stomach then obviously, i was half asleep and then brought my hand to my head to rest hit my navel piercing and it hurt for like 2 min then i went back to sleep, will i be ok?

You should be fine. Just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't start rejecting. :smile:
I started to sleep in my stomach again bc that’s the only way I can sleep it I do have more comfy support for it doesn’t hurt so is this good

Quick Reply

Latest