The Student Room Group

Summer Internships

Hi Guys,

I know this might not be the right place to post this but I thought i'd ask anyway.

Just wondering what year of studying people did Summer Internships? Is it just second year? or do some people do one every year etc?

Also I currently work for Tesco and was going to apply for their summer internship, considering I work for them do you think they'd give me the time off to go and do this? Before people say it, I am going to ask my manager when I come back off holiday but I thought i'd ask on here first

Cheers!
Original post by John Smithson
Hi Guys,

I know this might not be the right place to post this but I thought i'd ask anyway.

Just wondering what year of studying people did Summer Internships? Is it just second year? or do some people do one every year etc?

Also I currently work for Tesco and was going to apply for their summer internship, considering I work for them do you think they'd give me the time off to go and do this? Before people say it, I am going to ask my manager when I come back off holiday but I thought i'd ask on here first

Cheers!

Summer of second year is most common- some internships are just for penultimate year students, however if there is no restriction on when you can do one then go for it, the more experience you have when you finish uni, the better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending