The Student Room Group

Stuck on what uni course to do...Can anyone give me some advice please?

Hi
Im in year 13 and I wanted to study medicine.I got 6 A*'s 5 A's and 4 B's in my GCSE's which isnt too bad. but I got ABBB in My AS levels so I know there's no chance id get in :frown: I thought about studying human or medical physiology(leeds/leicester) or human biosciences (exeter) instead but I dont know what job I can have afterwards.I considered studying cardiac physiology and becoming a cardiac physiologist but Im still not sure.My schools deadline for UCAS applications is October the 23rd so I dont have much time left.Im scared to do a degree and be job less afterwards.
You have got really great grades so don't panic. What is the reason you want to study medicine? Is it helping people, the money, the science side..? If you think about that then you can look into a career which incorporates those things too. :smile: when picking a course you should ask about what kind of jobs recent graduates have gone into and what is the employment rate post graduation
Look at entry requirements to see if you meet them. The degrees you mention can lead to pretty much any job that uses the transferable skills you have.
Reply 3
Original post by Ula456
Hi
Im in year 13 and I wanted to study medicine.I got 6 A*'s 5 A's and 4 B's in my GCSE's which isnt too bad. but I got ABBB in My AS levels so I know there's no chance id get in :frown: I thought about studying human or medical physiology(leeds/leicester) or human biosciences (exeter) instead but I dont know what job I can have afterwards.I considered studying cardiac physiology and becoming a cardiac physiologist but Im still not sure.My schools deadline for UCAS applications is October the 23rd so I dont have much time left.Im scared to do a degree and be job less afterwards.

What did you end up doing then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending