The Student Room Group

Need advice on university options!!!!!

I currently want to do a physics degree at a leading Russell group university such as the likes of Durham, Bath and Warwick. However I am slightly anxious about the year ahead so I have been coming up with a few backup plans, as my AS grades weren't that great due to procrastination and general laziness. Onto the real issue, I have been thinking that if I don't get any offers at my ideal choices ( Mainly Durham with perhaps Warwick or Bath) and that UCAS adjustment doesn't go as planned, would it be possible for me to take a gap year from 2016-2017 and apply for Sep 2017 assuming that I get amazing grades this year such as A* A* A, or A* A* A*? In the gap that I take (if it does have to come to that) I would work full time and take the FP3 and M4 modules with possibly STEP and/or M5, as a way of showing universities that my maths/mechanics knowledge will be retained/expanded over the gap year. By doing this would I still be offered a place at the likes of Durham and would most other leading universities be satisfied and offer places? I am thinking of this as a backup plan in case if I don't any offers, or UCAS adjustment doesn't go well as I want it to, so this is literally plan C. Please comment on this and/or offer any helpful advice please. Thanks in advance !!!! :biggrin::biggrin::h:
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending