The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading University - Psychology

Hi all,

I'm hoping to apply to Reading Uni for 2016 entry doing the 4 year Psychology BSc course with professional placement. The entry grades are AAA-AAB (I think) and so far I have achieved ABBC AS Levels (Psychology, Media, Art, Biology respectively).

I may be resitting a few Biology modules to bring it up to at least a B and am wondering if taking an EPQ would better my chances of getting into Reading.

I am going to study really hard this year, taking Art, Psychology and Biology and hoping to better my grades in Art and Psychology.

Could anyone tell me if it is worth doing an EPQ to up my points and get into Reading.

Also any details on the course, lectures/lecturers etc. would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Also possibly thinking that I may apply to the Msci course or the Bsc with Language sciences instead of just plain Psychology in case this changes anything. :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
I study Psychology at Reading, and they offered me AAB or ABB if I got a B in my EPQ, so doing an EPQ does help! :smile:
Reply 3
Should I apply to psychology with a predicted grade of ABC, the typical offer is AAA-AAB, but on ucas they said they would consider applicants with ABB and im sure i can do better than my predicted grades. Though my AS results were not very good (BBEU), i was close to A's on both my B's, i failed chemistry but am retaking biology. Im really not sure whether I should, please help me :smile:
Original post by Genius98
Should I apply to psychology with a predicted grade of ABC, the typical offer is AAA-AAB, but on ucas they said they would consider applicants with ABB and im sure i can do better than my predicted grades. Though my AS results were not very good (BBEU), i was close to A's on both my B's, i failed chemistry but am retaking biology. Im really not sure whether I should, please help me :smile:

Hello,

Yes, definitely apply! Reading considers everyone really highly, it doesn't just consider grades but also your personal statement, work experience or experience and your interview (if you have one!). There is also no longer a cap on the number of students that a university can take which gives you even more chance of an offer!

I study a different course to psychology but my predicted grades were BCC (for an ABB course), and I still got an interview which led to an offer! This was because I had a strong personal statement which showed my extra-curricular skills and work experience - so when applying put down any experience, interests or volunteering you have and you'll have a great chance of getting an offer! The university will also be able to see that you were close to an A in your subjects which gives you even more chance! Even though that's my own personal experience, and everyone's is different, you do get 5 universities to choose from when applying, so having one or two risky universities won't change your options too much and could even work out for the best!
Good luck with your application and feel free to ask anymore questions,

Amelia, Second year studying Archaeology and History at Reading :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by UniofReading
Hello,

Yes, definitely apply! Reading considers everyone really highly, it doesn't just consider grades but also your personal statement, work experience or experience and your interview (if you have one!). There is also no longer a cap on the number of students that a university can take which gives you even more chance of an offer!

I study a different course to psychology but my predicted grades were BCC (for an ABB course), and I still got an interview which led to an offer! This was because I had a strong personal statement which showed my extra-curricular skills and work experience - so when applying put down any experience, interests or volunteering you have and you'll have a great chance of getting an offer! The university will also be able to see that you were close to an A in your subjects which gives you even more chance! Even though that's my own personal experience, and everyone's is different, you do get 5 universities to choose from when applying, so having one or two risky universities won't change your options too much and could even work out for the best!
Good luck with your application and feel free to ask anymore questions,

Amelia, Second year studying Archaeology and History at Reading :biggrin:

Thank you so much, I have decided I will apply there :smile:
Original post by EllieClare
I study Psychology at Reading, and they offered me AAB or ABB if I got a B in my EPQ, so doing an EPQ does help! :smile:

Thanks for the reply :smile: ive applied there now, I've just got to wait for an offer! Fingers crossed!
Hey! I´ve just got a conditional offer fr psychology at Reading. Have you heard back yet? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending