The Student Room Group

OU MSc Psychology conversion course

I’ve recently started a Psychology Conversion masters with the Open University. It’s part time and online which is great.

I’m finding that aside from tutorials (approx one per month) the course materials are almost entirely reading based. Whilst I knew to expect a high degree of reading (having already done an MSc in another field years ago), I had expected recorded lectures and more engaging forms of content. Does anyone have any distance learning experience of this course at other institutions? And if any of the other course providers have more online lectures etc.?

Many thanks :-)
Original post by TA-studentagain
I’ve recently started a Psychology Conversion masters with the Open University. It’s part time and online which is great.

I’m finding that aside from tutorials (approx one per month) the course materials are almost entirely reading based. Whilst I knew to expect a high degree of reading (having already done an MSc in another field years ago), I had expected recorded lectures and more engaging forms of content. Does anyone have any distance learning experience of this course at other institutions? And if any of the other course providers have more online lectures etc.?

Many thanks :-)

@TA-studentagain
Hello! I did my MSc Psychology conversion course at Arden University and every single lecture that was part of the program was 'live' where you could interact but they were also recorded so you could watch them back afterwards.

There is a brilliant book by Coolican called 'Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology' which will be useful for your studies, especially your dissertation!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest