The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Angelil
Yeah ^^

Or record it and leave it in a public place to play on repeated loop :biggrin:

I like it. I am a little puzzled why Thud's been warned though.
Thud
person in the room next to me is CONSTANTLY singing, although wailing would be a better term, loud, high pitched ****! she's driving me insane. how do i get her to stop.

if i go round there it will be with my hockey stick....:mad:

Pray VERY loudly.
Pray this prayer:

"Dear Lord, I pray that you might cast fire and brimestone upon this evil person who is singinging in the next room ! Yugoth Sugoth be praised for ever !"

then record it and play it back on a loop 24 hours a day.

She will capitulate !!!!!!

If not, Yugoth Sugoth will be pleased and will rain fire and brimstone on her.
Reply 22
Download some really awful screamo music [I highly reccommend Bring Me the Horizon] and play it loudly.

My boyfriend does this when our flatmates play their dance music really loudly, it works a treat and they soon shut up.
Reply 23
Knock on the door and tell her to sort it out.

Either that or you can have my guitar and amp for a day. Breeze blocks mean nothing. :wink:
Simple, send her a letter in a formal looking envolope:

"Dear sir or madam,
We have recieved recent complaints regarding several disturbances originating from your dorm. Residents have reported screaming, wailing and shouting at undesirable noise levels. If we continue to recieve similar complaints we will be forced to take action.

Sincerely,
[The appropriate authorities]"
Reply 25
Door, knock.

Girl, tell shuddup her face.

You, walk off.

Maybe a light slap slipped in for kicks...
how about... record her singing secretly then afterwards play it to her and ask her what she thinks...hopefully she'll realise how bad this person is...and then you need to tell her that was her singing...did it to my mum..worked a treat she no longer sings when i'm around :smile:
Thud
person in the room next to me is CONSTANTLY singing, although wailing would be a better term, loud, high pitched ****! she's driving me insane. how do i get her to stop.

if i go round there it will be with my hockey stick....:mad:

What's the latest so far on this?

The suggestions and that are hilarious!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And a calm alternative would be to tell her nicely.

Lol.
Reply 28
You: Knock knock
Her: LALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You: You sing too loudly. Please keep it at a level where I can't hear it.
Her: lalalalalallaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You: Thank you.
Reply 29
Segat1
You: Knock knock
Her: LALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You: You sing too loudly. Please keep it at a level where I can't hear it.
Her: lalalalalallaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You: Thank you.

Aww, no unnecessary violence? :p:
Reply 30
Jim-ie
Knock on the door and tell her to sort it out.

Either that or you can have my guitar and amp for a day. Breeze blocks mean nothing. :wink:

I have a guitar and amp...I usually play it during the day, like 2pmish time when she's at uni. I think a jam session with my other neighbour may be required tonight about 2am ish. :biggrin:

I'm liking these ideas, particularly the ones where i don't have to talk to her.

and thatwhichiam: i got two warning points for posting a thread about the relationship between myself and my neighbour in health and relationships which is apparently the wrong forum. :confused: then i got banned for some unknown reason.
I'm constantly singing, I don't mean to annoy people but think that I sometimes do. I'm not very discreet and I don't realise I'm annoying people. If it annoys you, you've got to tell her. I need people to tell me, and keep on telling me, without getting annoyed or any violence or anything, cause I easily forget. I don't mean any harm, but I just don't remember and it's a natural instinct to burst into song - yay! Means you're happy!

Also, get her to listen to better songs because then she'll have those in her head, can improve things a lot.
Reply 32
Thud
I have a guitar and amp...I usually play it during the day, like 2pmish time when she's at uni. I think a jam session with my other neighbour may be required tonight about 2am ish. :biggrin:

I'm liking these ideas, particularly the ones where i don't have to talk to her.

Remember to put the amp outside her door.
Thud

and thatwhichiam: i got two warning points for posting a thread about the relationship between myself and my neighbour in health and relationships which is apparently the wrong forum. :confused: then i got banned for some unknown reason.

Yeah I'm confused as to why your opening post was warned, when it was clearly just asking for advice. I smell a conspiracy...
knife --> vocal chords.
:biggrin: Aww this thread is very funny, but don't be too mean to her! If someone told me I sing like a howling cat I would be genuinely devastated. You might risk knocking her confidence.

I'd just be straight with her and explain that you can hear her through the wall, and it would be nice if she could keep it down (with a polite smile!), or something.
Take hockey stick and 5+ balls - knock on door, wait 'til she opens it, then range a few good hits in the general direction of the stereo, maybe a little drag flicking, or undercutting :biggrin:
Reply 37
it's 17.28 and she's just started for the night.....;rant;
Reply 38
You should tell her to keep it down, then do something nice for her. It sounds ridiculous but sometimes people are only willing to do you a favour if you do one back for them.

Latest

Trending

Trending