The Student Room Group

A-level choice and Law at Oxbridge

Hey guys!
Sorry in advance for this long and messy post, but I am desperate and need some help.

In September I have started my AS-level course. My subjects are: French, History, Government and Politics, Maths. I want to study LAW in future and I am aiming for Oxbridge/UCL/LSE.

Here is the problem: When I was choosing my subjects I was advised to take Maths because universities look favourably at Maths when you want to study Law. Is this true? The thing is that I don't really like Maths. I got A* for my GCSEs, but I find it really boring and every lesson is a torture for me. With this attitude, I am not sure whether I would be able to achieve high grades (which I need) for my AS. Also it takes huge amount of my time, so I cannot do other subjects in such a depth. I was thinking about dropping Maths and taking Psychology.

Does it really matter that much to have Maths as your AS-level and is it more recognised by universities and do they really care about your subjects? Do you think it is worth it to carry on with Maths?

Thanks,
Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending