The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well firstly I think it's important to highlight that at the moment you have to do another subject with law for two years (something I wanted to do personally). But in the third year you can take the LLB.

Honestly it's not a top 20 Law school at the moment, this year it the university as a whole went down in the Times rankings, it was ranked 31st two years ago. Nevertheless the Law school is in my opinion pretty good, there is some top lecturers in their areas, and in the 2001 RAE it received a A* for the department (ok this was 6 years ago but only 5 other law schools gained this mark.)

Ive found it relatively easy getting vacation schemes etc, albeit in Cardiff not the City and I think there is some top lawyers from Keele (The president of the Law society went there)

In my two years of experience I've enjoyed it, then again I have no wish to join a top London law firm; remember it is on a hill in the country side nothing at all like a city uni and maybe if it was in a better location it would be a lot more popular.
There are quite a few good academics at Keele, I think I can echo that. In terms of top London firms etc the Oxbridge snobbery probably comes in again but like Richh says, not everyone wants to even work in them anyway. I would view Keele as quite a good school because of the type of people who want to work there. Then again, may-be I am being biased because I know a couple.
Michael Mansfield QC went to Keele for H+P.

He's arguably the top criminal barrister in the country.
Solemn Wanderer
Indeed, although some of his views can fairly be described as nutty. (Not that this has anything to do with Keele!)

Depends what your political orientation is.
Reply 5
Fidelis Oditah
Michael Mansfield QC went to Keele for H+P.

He's arguably the top criminal barrister in the country.

Truly awful haircut though.

Latest

Trending

Trending