The Student Room Group

Can you get A* on WJEC ICT A Level?

Question in the title, anyone?
I'm pretty sure you can :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'm pretty sure you can :smile:

I looked at the grade boundries and no information has been given about the * grade only maximum an A

anyone else?
Original post by member1753327
I looked at the grade boundries and no information has been given about the * grade only maximum an A

anyone else?

To elaborate on my previous post: I did the WJEC A Level ICT course myself and my teacher told me I could get an A*, however I didn't manage to achieve it and I've never heard of anyone else getting one, although I'm sure it must be possible as my teacher wouldn't lie to me :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
To elaborate on my previous post: I did the WJEC A Level ICT course myself and my teacher told me I could get an A*, however I didn't manage to achieve it and I've never heard of anyone else getting one, although I'm sure it must be possible as my teacher wouldn't lie to me :smile:

I see thank you, do you know how the WJEC A2 is compared to the AQA A2?
Original post by member1753327
I see thank you, do you know how the WJEC A2 is compared to the AQA A2?

I'm not sure, sorry, I'm only familiar with the WJEC course :redface:
Yes you can get an A* in WJEC ICT A Level. The qualification is split into two sections. In Year 12 you study AS ICT, consisting of Unit 1 (written exam) and Unit 2 (coursework) Your total marks from these two units makes up your AS grade. The total number of marks from your AS qualification folds into your A Level [a2] finalized grade.

In Year 13, your number of marks for Unit 3 (written exam) and Unit 4 (database coursework) is added up with your total AS marks. This dictates your final A Level grades which you will tell universities etc..

So fundamentally, you could have A* standard work in AS, but the maximum grade in AS level for all subjects is an A, its the finalised A Level grade where you can receive an A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending