The Student Room Group

DBS checks are annoying!

I find these incredibly unfair. I mean my situation is that i need the job to get money which i got successfully with the condition that I pay money for the DBS! There's absolutely nothing i can do in this situation and i am broke outta my ass. I'm choosing between being able to eat with what money i have or pay for the DBS so in future i will be able to eat (but in order to assure that i have to go through eating garbage). I'm even thinking of getting a loan or something to foot the bill. Aggghhh... i hate these.

I know people will growl at me for even hating on DBS checks with the "think of the children" statements, but they just seem to be a huge rip off. I mean i know people hate the statement tax on teaching, but thats what it feels like, however i still believe its incredibly important to perform checks. I really think they should be made cheaper for individuals and employers or even be made free for businesses. They just so expensive and so time consuming (twiddling your thumbs while you wait to go to work to earn some money). Just face it, everyone knows they have to do it and its important to make sure pedophiles, etc don't get into schools, nurseries, etc but Everyone still hates them. I hate these with a passion.

Imo the DBS system is badly designed, impractical and terribly run. As for the update service that just seems like another reason for them to take money from you (again i expect the "think of the children" comments)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending