The Student Room Group

Article: Personal statement plagiarism: all you need to know

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
If you send your personal statement to someone via TSR on private message, will that get flagged as well?
Reply 2
Original post by sububzi
If you send your personal statement to someone via TSR on private message, will that get flagged as well?

You dont know what they will do with it, so possibly it will be plagiarised and you will get in trouble.

I had a panicked PM from someone recently, because they had sent their PS to someone asks that person was now threatening to post it publicly. So you are taking a risk and if anything happens your application will be at risk.

TSR offers a free review service. All TSR PS Helpers have been verified and will not share your PS so it is safe. There's no reason to use any other unverified person by PM.
Original post by Juno
You dont know what they will do with it, so possibly it will be plagiarised and you will get in trouble.

I had a panicked PM from someone recently, because they had sent their PS to someone asks that person was now threatening to post it publicly. So you are taking a risk and if anything happens your application will be at risk.

TSR offers a free review service. All TSR PS Helpers have been verified and will not share your PS so it is safe. There's no reason to use any other unverified person by PM.

Provided the person you sent it to via a PM is trustworthy and won't share or distribute your information elsewhere, will it get flagged because the PS was sent via a TSR PM or, because it's private, will it be okay?
Reply 4
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Provided the person you sent it to via a PM is trustworthy and won't share or distribute your information elsewhere, will it get flagged because the PS was sent via a TSR PM or, because it's private, will it be okay?

You can't be sure they're trustworthy so you can't be sure they won't distribute it.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
You can't be sure they're trustworthy so you can't be sure they won't distribute it.

Say they don't distribute it and it remains just on PMs, will it still be detected on UCAS? Because I have already PMed medics my personal statement but I've been following them for years and reading their advice etc.
Lowkey highkey kind of panicking if it's detected to be plagiarised..
Reply 6
Original post by sububzi
Say they don't distribute it and it remains just on PMs, will it still be detected on UCAS? Because I have already PMed medics my personal statement but I've been following them for years and reading their advice etc.
Lowkey highkey kind of panicking if it's detected to be plagiarised..

If it really hasn't gone anywhere outside of PMs it won't be flagged
Reply 7
Also where is this personal statement review thing? I can't seem to find it? xD
Reply 8
Original post by sububzi
Also where is this personal statement review thing? I can't seem to find it? xD

You start a thread here. There are loads of other threads in that forum, but you can't see them because it's private

You must put your subject as the thread title
Reply 9
It's not working for me. Saying i haven't written enough characters?
Original post by BDunlop
It's not working for me. Saying i haven't written enough characters?

What exactly are you trying to do / is not working?

Are you sure you have written a title for the thread?
Original post by Kyalimers
What exactly are you trying to do / is not working?

Are you sure you have written a title for the thread?

Apologies, i've managed it now. I just uploaded a file rather than pasting all the text :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by BDunlop
Apologies, i've managed it now. I just uploaded a file rather than pasting all the text :smile:

It's really annoying like that. Can you please try to paste the text.

You also need to say where you're thinking of applying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending