ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    You can read the full article here.

Tl;dr:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Don't post it on TSR!!

ReputationRep:
    If you send your personal statement to someone via TSR on private message, will that get flagged as well?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sububzi)
    If you send your personal statement to someone via TSR on private message, will that get flagged as well?
    You dont know what they will do with it, so possibly it will be plagiarised and you will get in trouble.

I had a panicked PM from someone recently, because they had sent their PS to someone asks that person was now threatening to post it publicly. So you are taking a risk and if anything happens your application will be at risk.

TSR offers a free review service. All TSR PS Helpers have been verified and will not share your PS so it is safe. There's no reason to use any other unverified person by PM.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Juno)
    You dont know what they will do with it, so possibly it will be plagiarised and you will get in trouble.

I had a panicked PM from someone recently, because they had sent their PS to someone asks that person was now threatening to post it publicly. So you are taking a risk and if anything happens your application will be at risk.

TSR offers a free review service. All TSR PS Helpers have been verified and will not share your PS so it is safe. There's no reason to use any other unverified person by PM.
    Provided the person you sent it to via a PM is trustworthy and won't share or distribute your information elsewhere, will it get flagged because the PS was sent via a TSR PM or, because it's private, will it be okay?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Provided the person you sent it to via a PM is trustworthy and won't share or distribute your information elsewhere, will it get flagged because the PS was sent via a TSR PM or, because it's private, will it be okay?
    You can't be sure they're trustworthy so you can't be sure they won't distribute it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can't be sure they're trustworthy so you can't be sure they won't distribute it.
    Say they don't distribute it and it remains just on PMs, will it still be detected on UCAS? Because I have already PMed medics my personal statement but I've been following them for years and reading their advice etc.
    Lowkey highkey kind of panicking if it's detected to be plagiarised..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Say they don't distribute it and it remains just on PMs, will it still be detected on UCAS? Because I have already PMed medics my personal statement but I've been following them for years and reading their advice etc.
    Lowkey highkey kind of panicking if it's detected to be plagiarised..
    If it really hasn't gone anywhere outside of PMs it won't be flagged

ReputationRep:
    Also where is this personal statement review thing? I can't seem to find it? xD
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Also where is this personal statement review thing? I can't seem to find it? xD
    You start a thread here. There are loads of other threads in that forum, but you can't see them because it's private

You must put your subject as the thread title

ReputationRep:
    It's not working for me. Saying i haven't written enough characters?
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BDunlop)
    It's not working for me. Saying i haven't written enough characters?
    What exactly are you trying to do / is not working?

Are you sure you have written a title for the thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    What exactly are you trying to do / is not working?

Are you sure you have written a title for the thread?
    Apologies, i've managed it now. I just uploaded a file rather than pasting all the text
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BDunlop)
    Apologies, i've managed it now. I just uploaded a file rather than pasting all the text
    It's really annoying like that. Can you please try to paste the text.

You also need to say where you're thinking of applying

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.