The Student Room Group

Personal statement similarity report

I noticed the personal statement in UCAS has a small section called similarity report does UCAS let the students know about the similarities as well or just the universities?
Reply 1
Yes :smile: It will highlight anything in yellow if it detects it and you will see it when you've hit submit. There might be a couple of sentences as tens of thousands of apps are put in each year, but that's nothing to be concerned about.
Original post by Izzy^
Yes :smile: It will highlight anything in yellow if it detects it and you will see it when you've hit submit. There might be a couple of sentences as tens of thousands of apps are put in each year, but that's nothing to be concerned about.

Nothing is highlighted in my statement but the similarity report does say "If similarities in your personal statement have been detected, the Similarity Report section will display a colour-coded similarity report. If we have not detected similarities in your personal statement, this section will appear blank."
Is this normal?
I'm kind of freaking out rn :cry2:
Original post by vaidika
Nothing is highlighted in my statement but the similarity report does say "If similarities in your personal statement have been detected, the Similarity Report section will display a colour-coded similarity report. If we have not detected similarities in your personal statement, this section will appear blank."
Is this normal?

Yes, that's normal. You should be notified if they flag it.
Reply 4
Yup 100% normal :smile: It's just a warning for everyone, that means nothing was detected for you.
Original post by vaidika
Is this normal?
My personal statement has come up with high lighted pink with 43%. I did not copy or read others. Also had my college double check it. So can anyone advise what the pink colour means and will I still get to go to uni.
Original post by Teddybearcf
My personal statement has come up with high lighted pink with 43%. I did not copy or read others. Also had my college double check it. So can anyone advise what the pink colour means and will I still get to go to uni.

If it’s all your own work you’ll be fine.

Regarding the highlights you’d need to check with whatever plagiarism tool you’re using.
Thank you. It just didn’t get the colours as some people say red blue then pink.
Did you get highlight pink on UCAS or some other plagiarism checker. A pink on UCAS is not as bad as red or blue. It means similar but not exact. UCAS must have told you about next steps though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending