Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear Friends, I am having trouble applying for the Chevening Scholarships in one specific topic and I was wondering if any of you would be so kind to help me.

When they ask what are our post study career plan, what are they expecting to hear?

THis is the question: 4 - Chevening is looking for individuals whohave a clear post-study career plan. Outline your immediate plans uponreturning home and your longer term career goals, considering how these relateto UK priorities in your country.

Anyone?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I think the question is very clear. Organise your thoughts first, think about how much space you have and just start writing. You can pretty it up later.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Friends,

I am Brazilian and I am applying for the Chevening Scholarships.

Among the so called prioritary areas for Brazilian students, the mention "Policy"..

Help me understand what kind of studies they are aiming. Does it have anything to do with political studies? Would you show me a few exemples?
    Thank you very much!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    You're going to have to explain what they're asking a lot better. Without context policy is just a word which could mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    You're going to have to explain what they're asking a lot better. Without context policy is just a word which could mean anything.
    But that's the problem! They only mention "policy". No more details. I wil copy and paste the so called "prioritary áreas":

• International relations
    • Law and criminal justice
    • Nutrition
    • Oil and gas
    • Policy (HERE IT IS!!!)
    • Public policy
    • Sport - event management
    • Sport - health
    • Sports development - management
    • Sustainable development
    • Tax regulation
    • Trade
    • Transnational crime
    • Transparency
    • Transport
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Oh I see now. Basically it sounds like they'll give priority or only fund students who are studying one the subjects listed.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see now. Basically it sounds like they'll give priority or only fund students who are studying one the subjects listed.
    Exactly! But my point is: what do they mean by "Policy"???
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Where you're learning about policy. Your best bet is to have a look at your course structure and work out if it fits any of the above and contact the organisation to clarify.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, all seeing and truly majestic Garfield, I thank you for imparting your wisdom before us today. Please rid me from my ignorance as I would be eternally grateful to share even a fraction of your knowledge.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.