Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Drake watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else being bombarded with Hotline Bling parody videos? It's all that's been coming up on my Facebook feed for the last week. So bored of it. I actually quite like the song, its ruining it for me.

ReputationRep:
    I think the song is irritating so I'm loving them

ReputationRep:
    Find it quite entertaining tbh

ReputationRep:
    I had hopes this was about Nick Drake.

Disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    Drake is a parody. His ****ing salsa moves. This is why I avoid most rap now. Which is hard when you live in a ghetto full of Jamaicans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rat poison)
    Drake is a parody. His ****ing salsa moves. This is why I avoid most rap now. Which is hard when you live in a ghetto full of Jamaicans.
    I would of thought Jamaicans listened to artists like Vybz Kartel, Konshens etc, not Drake lol. Rap/Hip Hop is great, you're listening to the wrong stuff!

ReputationRep:

laughing my absolute ****ing arse off at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Lotus)
    I would of thought Jamaicans listened to artists like Vybz Kartel, Konshens etc, not Drake lol. Rap/Hip Hop is great, you're listening to the wrong stuff!
    Idc what you would "of" thought, I live with them, they try to assimilate with AfricanAmerican culture all the time. Which would be rap.

Saying Jamaicans all listen to Vybz is similar to saying no one else listens to reggae. Everyone listens to everybody.

Anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Idc what you would "of" thought, I live with them, they try to assimilate with AfricanAmerican culture all the time. Which would be rap.

Saying Jamaicans all listen to Vybz is similar to saying no one else listens to reggae. Everyone listens to everybody.

Anyway.
    Okay well your post is then hypocritical, just because you live with a few of them, doesn't mean you can speak for all and that they all try to assimilate with African-American culture. There are some truths to generalizations. For example, I'm sure most Somalians do not listen to Death Metal.

ReputationRep:
    Okay well your post is then hypocritical, just because you live with a few of them, doesn't mean you can speak for all and that they all try to assimilate with African-American culture. There are some truths to generalizations. For example, I'm sure most Somalians do not listen to Death Metal.
    wtf are you on about, sir

ReputationRep:

lmaooo

ReputationRep:
    wtf are you on about, sir
    Who pissed in your cereal/fried plantains this morning.

ReputationRep:

Anyway.
    That's abit of a generalization there mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docmartensgirl)
    That's abit of a generalization there mate.
    What is?

Anyway not fussed about rap or Drake, Idc.

ReputationRep:
    What is?

Thread is not for you then. More into Bollywood?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else being bombarded with Hotline Bling parody videos? It's all that's been coming up on my Facebook feed for the last week. So bored of it. I actually quite like the song, its ruining it for me.
    So I guess you won't like this then
    The drake dark side :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    What is?

The whole Jamaicans are into Rap/Hip Hop and try to assimilate Americans, some do and some don't. Don't just generalise a whole nation because you know 10 who do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    LOL

lmfaoooo

ReputationRep:
    lmfaoooo

Hahaha, the pizza one is pretty good as well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.